Battery placement 2013 Chrysler 200

48ply1stcar

My 2011 Buick Enclave has the battery under the floor in front of the right middle seat.  The battery had a vent tube to release any hydrogen to the exterior.  (Charging the battery releases hydrogen from the water in the battery.  I think the oxygen combines with the sulfate on the plates to reconstitute sulfuric acid.)

I am almost positive that the 200 and its predecessors, the Sebring and the Cirrus, had the battery in the same accessibility-challenged location. My nutty ex-gf kidnapped a used car salesman from the next county over when she decided to make me a surprise visit with a 2012 Grand Cherokee she was taking on a test drive...I surprised them both to show them that the battery was under the front passenger seat...then showed them the battery location under the floorboard in the '48 B-1-B :cool:

• Like 1

I just changed a battery on an '08 Dodge Avenger. It was also up in front of the left front tire. Jack it up, pull the wheel, pull the inner fender, and remove the battery. Not the most convenient but it wasn't all that bad. The worst part was that the hold down bolt broke off and I had to remove the whole battery bracket to get it drilled out. But that wasn't too bad either,

Merle

We had a 2012 Dodge Durango for a few years.  Never did find where they put the battery.  Owner's manual only said where to attach cables to jump start it if needed.  Probably in the same place as that '12 Grand Cherokee, since they're the same platform.  Now we have one of those Jeep Patriots, battery is right up front where it's "supposed to be".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The only better location for a battery than driver's side behind the radiator is in a pull-out drawer.  I don't know why the current trend is for auto manufacturer's to hide the battery.  O'Reilly's had to stop advertising free battery replacement when the new cars started hiding their batteries.  We had a lady want us to change the spark plugs in her 2012 Buick Enclave the other day.  We thought she was joking, but was she ever angry when we told her we don't do that.  She exclaimed that she had never been made to feel so stupid in her whole life: maybe late-30s.  Princess must have led a charmed life to that point.

Someone already mentioned the Journey,  Ours is a 2009 model, first year for them.  I think it is built on the same platform as the Stratus, if I recall correctly.  It also has the battery ahead of the left front wheel.  There is no way to check the battery fluid level w/o completely removing it.  No big deal on older cars, but all that electronic junk resets.  I never thought about it when we bought it - not till it went bad, and I had to change it out.  I was not blessed.  (I'm pretty sure it was the original battery - 6 years later!)