New radiator for B2B 1/2 ton 1950

JPP

Ok, read quite a bit about this and just want to be clear. There is no drop in from champion or American or anyone else. So can someone tell me the closest match? I can stand drilling holes or trimming filler tubes, just don't want to get wrong one. Thanks in advance, not sure if the desoto or coronet would be a match. Thanks

I put a Champion in my B4B and removed the bracket off the original rad and modified it for the new one. Slightly smaller but seems fine to me. May need to trim the angled top tube on the replacement rad. Gary http://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-1948-1949-Plymouth-Coupe-Aluminum-3-Row-Champion-Radiator-/141230225660?hash=item20e1fa38fc:g:vTkAAOxykmZTKzIx&vxp=mtr

When the radiator in my B4B died for the final time, I searched and found http://www.usradiator.com/.  Found my radiator on the website, called them to confirm and got one with better than new cooling capabilities.  It does not have the Mopar numbers and such stamped on the tank, the hose from the radiator mounts on the backside of the tank rather than the bottom of the tank, BUT it bolted right in and it fits.  More expensive than a universal part, but it appears to me to be worth the money.

Their website has  a video that shows you how they make the radiators (they are not imports).  If you call them they will help you get the one you need. 

When the radiator in my B4B died for the final time, I searched and found http://www.usradiator.com/.  Found my radiator on the website, called them to confirm and got one with better than new cooling capabilities.  It does not have the Mopar numbers and such stamped on the tank, the hose from the radiator mounts on the backside of the tank rather than the bottom of the tank, BUT it bolted right in and it fits.  More expensive than a universal part, but it appears to me to be worth the money.

Their website has  a video that shows you how they make the radiators (they are not imports).  If you call them they will help you get the one you need. 

If you get a chance please post some pictures of your radiator along with the model # you got. It looks like we may be moving to the mountains of Northern Arizona in the next year or so and I really want the best radiator I can get.

Thanks, Jeff

As soon as I install it, I will post pictures. Massachusetts is cold enough so you should feel comfortable with your truck in Arizona.

Great. I have been looking at their website for a while. I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of it before it is installed. Did you get an alloy one or is it conventional?

Not too worried about the cold where we are looking to move......but it does get mighty hot there some of the time. :) Besides I love exploring the desert and I don't want to have to worry about the radiator being adequate. Their product looks first class online.......

Thanks, Jeff

OK, the post killed my narrative.  Go to their website http://www.usradiator.com/ and look up your truck.  I chose the High Efficiency, 2" thick.  I spoke with one of their folks and he walked me through the process and we agreed that was best for my use - slightly better cooling than original.  The new rad matched well with my old one, with the only tangible difference being the location of the hose tube.  All of the brackets fit without modification.  I can't say how the final fit will be since the paint store messed up the color on the paint (about two shades too light) for my front sheet metal and the front is now being sanded and repainted with the right (hopefully) shade.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...