My 1950 Dodge Coronet Build Thread!!!

JonathanEme

...your 'high-tech' build did not suit the overlords...

HA, "high-tech". 

SORRY for the lack of updates, have been working extra days at work, which turns into me not wanting to do anything. I've been slowly plugging away at cleaning the frame and removing the old cross member so i can install my new gussets.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a project. Your ambition is commendable. We'll be watching your progress.

I keep trying to get in the garage to do some work. A nice flu, work, and family have kept me very busy. I'll be in soon though :)

i cant wait to start bracing the frame!

• 1 month later...

i have not had MUCH time to work on the car, so i went a little wild today, and wanted to post some updated pics.

front and rear suspension gone, rear end gone, working on dong center bracing soon. 

26643583146_b6becb9f8d_z.jpg1950 Dodge Coronet project by jonathan eme, on Flickr

26643582246_cb9fb5a409_z.jpg1950 Dodge Coronet project by jonathan eme, on Flickr

26643581496_4db2b5a49a_z.jpg1950 Dodge Coronet project by jonathan eme, on Flickr

26065989103_4d2cf5d3e8_z.jpg1950 Dodge Coronet project by jonathan eme, on Flickr

Please, before you start welding or cutting get rid of the red gas can setting under the car shown in picture #3.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Real quick, if anyone can help me find out... 

How do I find which chassis i have? I know its a '50 coronet, but thats all I know really. It sat for 20+ years before I got a hold of it

Real quick, if anyone can help me find out... 

How do I find which chassis i have? I know its a '50 coronet, but thats all I know really. It sat for 20+ years before I got a hold of it

I don't want to send you on a goose chase but on my '48 D-24 the number is stamped on the inner driver's side frame rail just in front of the rear axle. That number can then be deciphered for build location, etc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Here is where I found the frame numbers on two 1950 Plymouths.

I have read on the forum that the location is on the drivers side near the center of the high point on the frame over the rear axle, but that location can vary from 1 foot forward to a foot behind the center line. They were stamped by hand and will Not be found until that area is very clean! Can be fair amount of work but the number will match the motor if the motor is still original to the car.

DJ

IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0790.JPG

On 1/21/2016 at 11:28 PM, JonathanEme said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the engine doesn't run?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the engine doesn't run?

THAT is correct. As a matter of fact, I just threw it all away. I had a for sale thread, but no one wanted anything, so in the garbage it all went!

29 minutes ago, JonathanEme said:

THAT is correct. As a matter of fact, I just threw it all away. I had a for sale thread, but no one wanted anything, so in the garbage it all went!

Gee,you waited a whole week!

There were easily a couple of hundred dollars worth of parts on the engine that you could have sold,but now you won't get a dime out of it.

Good!

• 4 weeks later...