Southern California Gathering Photos - January 17th, 2016

fedoragent

Folks,

Today a bunch of us in Southern California gathered for a little area get together in Irvine, CA.  Thank you to Jeff B for hosting a place for us to meet.  Here are some of the photos that I took whilst I was there.  If you're reading this and you were there, please post your photos to the thread.  I've posted SOME of the photos I took.  Here are the rest of mine:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1_-l-0Ir-A1N0pvSWlrQWxlN1E

MODERATOR:  I was not sure if this was the right forum.  Please feel free to move it if need be.

Thanks,

FG.

post-3382-0-44372800-1453067586_thumb.jpgpost-3382-0-47366500-1453067721_thumb.jpgpost-3382-0-08515100-1453068043_thumb.jpg

post-3382-0-62273200-1453068204_thumb.jpgpost-3382-0-78136200-1453067915_thumb.jpgpost-3382-0-70783100-1453068320_thumb.jpg

post-3382-0-54199400-1453068430_thumb.jpgpost-3382-0-08386300-1453068826_thumb.jpgpost-3382-0-88227400-1453068947_thumb.jpg

Edited by fedoragent
  • Like 5

Suggest you combine with the existing thread and put some names to the faces.

Names to faces would be nice. . .

But the other thread actually started for an event in a different year and it would have been nice to have this year's get together in a separate thread anyway so I am not adverse to leaving this thread stand on its own.

• Like 1

Names to faces would be nice. . .

But the other thread actually started for an event in a different year and it would have been nice to have this year's get together in a separate thread anyway so I am not adverse to leaving this thread stand on its own.

Gents,

I agree with both of you, however I like the idea of a separate thread so here it is. In the future, and there will be more events....I will try and keep them, together. I would like to remember all the names, and associate them with their board names....but my memory is crap. I know that Jeff (White Dodge), Givin (Woody), Tony (White Cranbrook), Oak, Derek (38 P?, red and black), and Bill (48 P15, Blue) were there. The kind gent with the green truck, his name escapes me. He gave us Dodge tshirts and it is his birthday today.

I should remember them all but I am on a deficit of sleep this weekend...apologies.

I was so excited about this event, meeting new people and the reliability of my car. I am just so glad that I dont feel alone in the MoPar Socal scene anymore amongst all the GM, Chevy and Ford crowds.

FG.

Edited by fedoragent
  • Like 2

I was going to take a group photo. Even said it out loud. Then got so into the stories and conversations that it completely left me.
Here is the initial set of photos I took. No detail shots here. Please comment on any name updates and I will add to the album.

Mike

• Like 1

Hacked one together from the photos floating about.

And in retrospect, we should have taken a group photo.

FG.

Group Shot Collage

I think it goes like this:

Upper left is Oak, Derek, Bill, Rod
Fedora Gent on top middle (only one I got, sorry)

Bottom row:

Don, Derek, Gavin, Bill, Jeff, Me (my pony tail anyway), Oak, Tony

Might have my Dons and Bills wrong. Let me know and I will correct for the other's benefit.

Edited by TrampSteer
  • Like 2

Gents,

I agree with both of you, however I like the idea of a separate thread so here it is. In the future, and there will be more events....I will try and keep them, together. I would like to remember all the names, and associate them with their board names....but my memory is crap. I know that Jeff (White Dodge), Givin (Woody), Tony (White Cranbrook), Oak, Derek (38 P?, red and black), and Bill (48 P15, Blue) were there. The kind gent with the green truck, his name escapes me. He gave us Dodge tshirts and it is his birthday today.

I should remember them all but I am on a deficit of sleep this weekend...apologies.

I was so excited about this event, meeting new people and the reliability of my car. I am just so glad that I dont feel alone in the MoPar Socal scene anymore amongst all the GM, Chevy and Ford crowds.

FG.

Oak was driving the '34 Plymouth Coupe......very nice car. I don't think he's a member on here.

Edited by deathbound

We just had the best time.  Spaced on the group shot because we were like a bunch of chatty school girls.  Everyone was genuinely interested in getting to know each other.  We'll definitely do it again.  I'm thinkin should be on the West side of town so's guys out that way don't have so far to drive.

Re the request for names w/faces

Old%20Mopar%20Gents_zpsqvnxohut.jpg

• Like 5

Glad you guys were able to get together.  Looks like a fine bunch of cars and guys.  Hope we can get a couple more folks out this year in the north east.  Which reminds me, better start thinking of the whys and where fores of 2016.

• Like 1

This was a blast and the weather and freeways cooperated in making the get together possible. Bill nailed it in that the chatting was so enjoyable that we didn't pull together a group shot as in the two previous meet ups. But the collage with the names was a nicely done.

The pictures I've seen of Jeff's truck do not do it justice. And it was great seeing the "new" Plymouths there, like Jon's, Given's and Oaks'.

We also lucked out with Rod's birthday being the day before, because he gifted all of us with some neat shirts. Now, I'll need to get my hands on a Pilot-house Dodge truck. ;)  Thanks Rod!

Tony

post-5954-0-00954200-1453444140_thumb.jpg