A bit of a Gripe and a Poll OT

greg g

Should OT posts be part of the main forum  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should OT posts be part of the main forum

• Yep I like the banter. Keep em on the main board.
    • Nope OT stuff is a waste of my time. Keep them where they are
    • Allow automotive, technical, and humorous stuff, keep the other stuff on the OT Section
    • Shut up dummy!! Just remember to check the other sections

I have enjoyed the colligiality of this forum for about 4 years now. some of the highlights for me have been the OFF TOPIC posts. I realize that many forums have a strict policy regarding OT posts, and moderators policing the posts and moving them hastily. This was not the case on the old format. I know it chews band width and may be a problem for the strict motor heads, but I miss the enertainment portion of the program, and have to remind myself to go looking for it.

Wonder if we can have automotive, technical, mechanical stuff on the main board, and carpentry, appliances, health and beauty tips, in the OT section

I miss the OT stuff too. I was probably the king of OT posts. Of course when I joined this group I didn't even have a p15 yet. Then there was all the stuff for the 55 dodge and most recently window trim. Which BTW I followed the advice here and my windows look great!

Guest youngnovice

I miss the old forum, this one feels less personal less friendly. its feels kinda like its question and answer only. and too complicated to zombies like me who read at night when there 99%asleep

Guest jtw3749c

Okay, okay, so sometime in ones life, you have to ask a question, which really makes you feel like a real dumb a**. So I have tried my level best to figure out what the heck is OT???? :o

OFF TEXT..not related to the P15/D24 Mopar powered avenue of comments and questions.

I always thought it was "Off Topic". I do think they should be elsewhere, since the new forum won't be flushed out periodically like the old one, so if you are looking for something specific you will have a lot of "stuff" to go through. But I guess I'm in the minority on this issue.

Marty

Guest Federico

I think it woundn't be too much work to someone with the knowledge and the access, but maybe they could be left on the main, and filtered. Something like

-show OT posts

-don't show OT posts

What do you says GTK?, is something like that posible?

I think an off topic forum would allow both forums to use a common off topic.

There is already exactly what you suggested in place here; just go to the top level and you'll see the P14-D24 forum, the Pilothouse form, and the Admin/off-Topic forum!

Marty

There seem to be less posts on the truck site now these are combined?

As a result I like the separate OT page as I don't need to filter through the P15-D24 page technical stuff, but do enjoy reading what is going on.

Having said that I am just trauling through the P15-D24 page, which I find I do about once a week.

When I log in I am generally not looking for anything in particular. Reading the technical posts are informative and usually filed away in my mind for future use. Reading the OT stuff lends to the culture and camaraderie of this forum. I check this and the POC forum at least once per day and the POC forum activity is not as active as the P15D24.

As an example I posted an introduction message on the POC and the only two respondents were Don Coatney and Jim Yergin who are both P15D24 members. If no one would have responded back I probably would have stopped logging in by this time.

If there are two sections I would most likely frequent one or the other. I think most people would probably gravitate to the most comfortable spot. So in a way it would separate the group.

I vote to keep the community together. One general message area.

Chet...

That quote doesnt hold too well when you dont have candidates worth voting for and your not commited to one party. I used to vote for who I thought would do what they say they will, the best man, not the party. Havent seen any of those in recent years. The trend seems to be to sling mud more than making promises, kept or not. Not the kind of people I want in charge, you?

Where is my none of the above button????? I want that choice. The slate of candidates hereabouts didn't qualify for Dog Warden. All they did was point fingers and sling crap about each other. If you believed half of what they were saying about the other they both should have been indicted for crimes against the state. If they are incumbents, you know they are so beholding to special interest, they couldn't vote their conscience if you held a gun at thier head. Oh!! I forgot we're talking conscience here, not a requirement for anyone above the level of town council, city council, or village trustee. If this is the best we can do it is a sad time indeed. Yep I voted, and you can be sure I will complain. Now we gotta wait and see if our new governor keeps his integrity (former attorney general) or caves in lke the rest of them.

this poll only has a total of 45 votes altogether at the time of this post. With over 400 views it should have a lot more than 45 votes

I cant find the buttons to vote with, what am I missing? Because I to am surprised how little action is happening comapred to the views?