41 Plymouth Convertible

vintage6t

Last week I posted on the forum to get some opinions regarding this car. I ended making a deal to buy it so I thought I'd post back some info and a few picks. The car has an interesting local history, it was originally won as a new car at a race track by neighbor, restored in the 70's as a 4 h project by another neighbor and his 4 h group. Local shops donated services and taught the kids basic restoration skills. They then showed the car for a number of years at Frank Maratta's auto show here in Hartford. After that it pretty much sat in a shed until now. I spent some time today and got it running, it's just a real sweet car so no mods in store for this one, it's going to stay just as is.

post-2702-0-88410000-1451359480_thumb.jpg

post-2702-0-61068500-1451359498_thumb.jpg

post-2702-0-48308100-1451359509_thumb.jpg

post-2702-0-19445900-1451359521_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

congrats...I knew you were chewing on this one pretty hard...on your walk around inspection, was it close to its advertised description? Just curious is all...

I looked at it twice. After the first time, my impression was slightly negative - "nice car but it's going to need some work" and I wasn't looking for another project.

I went back the second time mostly with the intention of taking pictures so I could help the seller post it for sale in a few places on the web, including here. Also in my mind price was an issue b/c the seller had a professional appraisal that I thought was too high but I didn't want to low ball them.

I ended up with the car because at second look I realized the 40 year old restoration has held up very well and the car was in much better condition than my first impression, it kind of has a nice gentle patina to it at this point. It also turned out that the seller was very motivated to sell it and also to keep in the hands of someone local and who they knew. I did however have to promise to go back and give the seller's 80+ year old mom a ride in it once it's back on the road!

very  kool on your find,to me ive never seen the  trim  at the  bottom  of the front  fender,,,looks good

The trim on the lower edge of the front fender is a runningboard molding extension.

They were available as an option.

The ones pictured do not look correct as the original OEM had a rounded off point on the front leading edge.

It is hard to tell in the picture but the molding looks different then the OEM Mopar part.

• Like 1

The trim on the lower edge of the front fender is a runningboard molding extension.

They were available as an option.

The ones pictured do not look correct as the original OEM had a rounded off point on the front leading edge.

It is hard to tell in the picture but the molding looks different then the OEM Mopar part.

love your avatar,really kool