Hit and Run

wolfy

All, I have been enjoying my 50 Windsor so much lately.  Put just about 1,000 miles on it since July.  My boys 2 and 4 just love it.  Our newest daughter 3 weeks old, seems to enjoy it too:)

Anyway I had my oil pan gasket replaced as it was leaking pretty good.  Had it done at a great local shop because I just don’t have the time to do it anymore and his prices are amazing!  Anyway while it was there in the shop one of their customers hit and ran on me!  Fortunately she hit the only spot on the car that had been painted.  She hit the rear drivers fender and busted out my tail assembly.  The shop owner is a great guy he felt terrible and is taking care of everything for me. 

I told him I would try to find the drivers rear tail light assembly.  Wow I can’t find these anywhere!  I tried Andy B, Kanter, Classic Industries, Hemmings and Roberts, and ebay. 

I will get some pictures of the damage and the light assembly I need.  At the very least I need the lense, but the other metal housing has a crack in it. 

Now I am going to lean on you experts to help me out.  Any thoughts or help would be great. 

Thanks so much guys!

Am I the only one that clicks on the hot like to a 50 Chrysler taillight assembly,and up pops a amazon page for a taillight for a 2004 Mazda?

Try looking in Hemmings Motor News.  There are a fair number of sellers who use that venue so you may get lucky.

The AACA website (forums.aaca.org) has an active Chrysler buy/sell classified section and you might find something there.

I'd also post on the HAMB (jalopyjournal.com) because someone may be customizing a car like yours and doesn't  need the original taillights.

Word of caution:  Beware of scammers (especially from England / overseas) who just happen to have the part you need but don't have a camera or PayPal and want you to send Western Union payments. 

Good luck!

try atlas obsolete parts

www.atlaschrys.com     951-461-9005

Also try Ed Spiegel from Pittsburgh, PA

another contact collects auto supply   www.collectorsautosupply.com

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com

Edited by desoto1939

WOW!  Thank you all so much for the response!  I figured you all had been down  this road before.  I reached out to a fellow forum member that was parting out his car.  Super nice guy and he is shipping me the parts!  His prices were fantastic as well. 

I am going to save this information as well for my information. 

I hope to get you guys some pics soon!  Life has been way to busy lately...

• 1 month later...

Just an update, car is at the body shop now.  I wish I would have taken more before pics and even before the hit.  As I mentioned above the fender the girl hit was at least the only panel on the car that had been painted before.  It was slightly darker then the rest of the car.  Can't wait to see how it came out! 

The shop it went to is a great bunch of true car guys.  One owner and a few other guys there.  Very happy to have found them! 

Hope to get it back either tonight or tomorrow!  It maybe next week if I can't get there in time.

I suppose I will post up some pics;)

I have a bezel, pn 1345693  LH  used some pitting , would replace nicely or suitable for use as is on an unrestored car.

I have lense which fits this bezel  pn 1340236  LH  some sun checking but acceptable on an unrestored car.  $

I also have RHS equivalents all removed from same car years ago.  

Edited by dpollo