D25 Voltage Regulator cross-reference?

bamfordsgarage

It appears the voltage regulator in my '47 D25 needs to be replaced. I troubleshot the charging system more-or-less per the manual, and Condition 1C (below) came up the winner — a jumper wire brought the charging system to life.

The manual calls for an Auto-Lite VRP 4503-A (35-45 Amps @7.2 to 7.5 volts). I'm trying to source this locally or at least in Canada and have come up empty thus far.

I recall a page on this site several years ago that listed part number cross-references for various components. I can't find that page now, so either it has disappeared or I'm showing my age.

Can someone please help with alternative part numbers for this regulator and/or advise where the reference page is?

Thank you.

post-1019-0-41594500-1450116321_thumb.jpg

Hi Chris, Try VRP 4401 A

added - NAPA ECH VR25   ( Courtesy of Tod Fitch)  :)

Edited by Ralph D25cpe
  • Like 1

the autolite vrp-4503A was used with the following generators GDZ-4801A and GDZ4801B accordin gto my autolite catalog

Try Echlin VR23  or Sorrenson VR66  according to my reference catalogs.

Rich Hartung

desoto1939@aol.com