lug studs

my48stake

Back when I assumed Dodge Truck engineers were all on the same page, I purchased a set of Power Wagon lug studs for my '49 1-ton...they both had very similar powertrains, so I assumed the rear hubs were the same...and then I learned that they were not ?

20190301_203910.jpg.f53c4da8591598d4cc5bc4a7e4ceefc5.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JBNeal said:

Back when I assumed Dodge Truck engineers were all on the same page, I purchased a set of Power Wagon lug studs for my '49 1-ton...they both had very similar powertrains, so I assumed the rear hubs were the same...and then I learned that they were not ?

20190301_203910.jpg.f53c4da8591598d4cc5bc4a7e4ceefc5.jpg

Yowser!

• 1 year later...

Finally got back around to working on this, and was able to locate more replacement parts:

Lug Stud, Left:  Mopar 913849

Lug Stud, Right:  Mopar 913848

Lug Nut, Left:  Mopar 913813

Lug Nut, Right:  Mopar 913812

The M-1172 lug stud does not have a clipped head and is about .188" longer than the original.

The M-1270 and M-1271 will need to have modifications to the mounting shank and threaded length, as well as have new clipped heads fabricated...not an ideal situation, but if an original stud is not available, this is better than nothing to work with...I'll add this information to the parts manual post that I've been working on :cool:

Edited by JBNeal
revised link
  • Like 1