49' Dodge Coronet throttle linkage problem

49DODGEBOY

doing some underhood repairs now and just rebuilt the Carter B&B. After re-installing I noticed that the linkage "overcorrects" (?) When it goes to throttle close the pivot on the head will sometime go past what the throttle should stop at causing the throttle to re-open.  Hard to explain I know. Maybe some pics of factory setups?  I have a hunch the carb is not correct but was working fine. It is a total manual carb, manual choke and the linkage is up on the head not on the side exhaust.    any ideas?

I'm not aware of the '49 Coronet coming out with a Carter.  This is going to be a fluid drive care either with a 3 speed or a gyromatic transmission.  The 3 speed would use a Stromberg BXVD-3 if it has the gyromatic it has the BXVES. 

it was a gyro car so yes the carb is wrong, thx

Would help if you could post a picture of what you have. This photo might or might not help.

aftersully.jpg

thx Don, I will be spending the day out in the shop today, going to work from pedal to carb this time. If I get no-where I will be posting pics

thx, was all over this thread in the morning, will be working on ot today

well, luckily I had an entire drivetrain out of a '50 Plymouth that I sold and the linkage on it was just slightly longer on both rods and the pivot angles were different. It worked like a charm. full range of throttle and the rebuild worked like a charm.  Pulled the distributor out today to to thru it and a full tune. Then it's time to hit the streets again after 2 years.

thanks for all the help

And with the weather we're having now, you should be able to hit the streets nearly every day......that is until the "supposed" El Nino hits.

• Like 1

And with the weather we're having now, you should be able to hit the streets nearly every day......that is until the "supposed" El Nino hits.

agree............  so nice today for the Rockabilly car show in Riverside