Code 504

Ram Man 02

I just opened up this months classic truck magazine and found a company that ive never heard of before called Code504. They offer a bolt on frame swap kit that adapts an S10 chassis to 48-56 dodge trucks. after checking out their website it appears you supply a pilothouse and an S10 frame and they provide all the body mounts, and brackets to make the B/C series truck body fit correctly. The kit is a bit spendy but i know there are people looking for this type of option for modernizing their truck.

Edited by Ram Man 02

The  S-10 frame has been proven to work on PH several times.

I've seen kits before, but this does look like a new company.

You looking to add some heat to your ride, Jermiah???? :lol:

48D

cavisco1, on 24 Nov 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

The first generation Dakota frame is a better choice for track width and wheelbase. I've never understood the point of these S10 frame swaps. Why not just buy a Chevrolet if that's what you like?

Just my 2c

first off ..they cheap and plentiful..every junk yard across the nation is blessed with an abundance of these trucks..many people got to have cheap and plentiful with a bolt by number kit to follow...

The first generation Dakota frame is a better choice for track width and wheelbase. I've never understood the point of these S10 frame swaps. Why not just buy a Chevrolet if that's what you like?

Just my 2c

Easier to get an s10 then a Dakota in my neck of the woods, and almost always cheaper. Nothing wrong with s 10 frame and suspension, but the track width is too narrow in my opinion compared to the Dakota.

im still running the flat head and drum brakes. I have no intentions of using this kit, i just know that people are always looking for different options to make their trucks more user friendly. Thats the reason i posted this. Im not aware of any companies using a first gen dakota frame for a direct frame swap kit but if there are it does seam like a better option. I looked into a dakota frame graft a while back and i too like the track width better but we just dont have any good donors left in the north.

im still running the flat head and drum brakes. I have no intentions of using this kit, i just know that people are always looking for different options to make their trucks more user friendly. Thats the reason i posted this. Im not aware of any companies using a first gen dakota frame for a direct frame swap kit but if there are it does seam like a better option. I looked into a dakota frame graft a while back and i too like the track width better but we just dont have any good donors left in the north.

There are plenty of dakotas around here. My 94 is totally rusty body wise but the frame appears solid when I work on it.

there arent any at the junkyards around me but im also not searching for those particular parts anymore so maybe some are still around if i looked farther. just for conversation, how much would you want for your dakota the way it sits? plus you have the 6 bolt wheels right so different hubs would be needed

I'd guess its worth maybe $500. I've had 2 running 4x4s that I parted. One was free and other I think I paid 300. Look to craigslist rather than junkyards. Yes mine is a 94 with 6bolt wheels but thats really only an issue if you want to run stock appearing wheels. Otherwise just run the dakota ones or customs.