David Erb (Grey Beard) Passed Nov 6

Dave Erb 73 passed on Nov. 6th 2015 . I was informed by his wife Sandra. He had over 1891 post to the forum as Grey Beard and helped many with truck questions. He and I posted in the pilots knowledge section how to make wire system for the B1B trucks. I visited Dave and his wife in New Holland, PA. and I think several others have also. Dave and his brother also visited me in Ohio.

Edited by Allan Parkhurst

Oh no......

I'd heard from time to time he was still about doing things, but had stopped posting on the forum.

Rest in Peace my friend.

I'll miss you.

Tim aka 48Dodger 

Bummer. R.I.P. Dave

I too had visited Dave, and his family, in New Holand. He was certainly a wealth of knowledge. He will be missed.

The last I spoke with him, via email, he stopped posting on the forum because he had a computer issue that was blocking him from starting threads. He couldn't get it resolved and eventually gave up and stopped participating all together. He remained active with a tractor restoration. I'm sure that turned out well too.

Merle

Dave Erb 73 passed on Nov. 6th 2015 . I was informed by his wife Sandra. He had over 1891 post to the forum as Grey Beard and helped many with truck questions. He and I posted in the pilots knowledge section how to make wire system for the B1B trucks. I visited Dave and his wife in New Holland, PA. and I think several others have also. Dave and his brother also visited me in Ohio.

I also had the pleasure of sharing a meal with Dave and his wife Sandra many years ago while traveling through Pennsylvania. Great guy and he will be missed.

• Like 1

I spent some time with Dave at the ATCA truck show in Macungie a few years ago, and somewhere I have pics.  He was a very interesting and knowlegable truck guy.  RIP Dave, and thanks for all of the help.   Mike

• Like 1

Wow, my best to his family. FEF's drag link came from him. I'll make sure to remember that from time to time. Great guy always ready to help.

RIP

• Like 1

I have been swapping stories with Dave over the years before & after he dropped off of this forum.  He sent me his notes on roller paint jobs, and we went back & forth on the specifics when I was refinishing my 500 gallon LPG tank a few summers ago...I had to scale back that job cuz at the halfway point, his methods were yielding such good results that the shine off of that tank in the summer sun was becoming a blinding nuisance to passersby, something he found amusing.  I had not heard from him in a few months and began to wonder if he had moved on as he mentioned something about not getting any younger...his passing saddens me and he will be missed :mellow:

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear. Seems like he was a very likable fellow, and I often run across his posts when searching through various threads. My thanks to you Dave.

One thing I like about Grey Beard post's is the amount of detail he conveyed and his willingness to share information.

Thanks David!

I also benefited from Dave's aquaintence.  Stopped to see him while passing through his area.  Had a chance to swap vehicles for a ride through the country surrounding his house.  Very nice fellow.  If I recall a rabid Tom Clancey and CliveCussler fan.  Condolences to Dave's family.  

I had been wondering about him, I never got the chance to meet him, but I emailed him on a few questions while working on my truck. He even sent me a brand new drag link for my truck (the one on the truck) for the cost of shipping. He was a very helpful guy. I also enjoyed the article he wrote in Vintage Truck Magazine a couple years back, along with all the very helpful threads on here. R.I.P.

Sorry to hear the news about Gray Beard. I have talked with him on numerous occasion and also meet him at the truck show that was held in Macungie PA. Like others have stated, Dave was a wealth of knowledge and was always willing to help another car or truck owner. I had always wanted to have supper with him at the Lancaster Shady Maple Smorgasbord but never was able to set a date.

The entire forum will miss you, RIP and mabe you willfind another truck up in heaven.

Rich HArtung

Edited by desoto1939
  • Like 1

Noooo!

So sad to head this.

Dave was a excellent mentor, poet, and overall wise fellow for many members here. I've lamented his absence since the new format took hold.

Even thought I never met him in person, he helped me get off to a good start with my truck when I first joined the forum, and even sent me a horn for the cost of shipping a little later on.

Cheers to Grey Beard,

And rest in peace.

• Like 1