1942 Dodge "Job Ready" Pickup rear bumper

Tubeviper

The rear bumpers are different than the front bumpers . A front bumper might fit on the rear though . Also I think that some of the early Pilot House rear bumpers were the same as the 1939 - 1947 truck rear bumpers . They are hard to find as not all trucks from the factory came with rear bumpers . 

• Like 1

39-47 rear bumpers are the same as 39-40 fronts except for the location of the holes. pilot house rear bumpers are the same too. Brackets change from 1/2 ton to 3/4. If you aren't 100% on originality I've got this saved. I believe these are 48 ford repro bumpers.

Fordbumper.jpg

• Like 1

Those curved rear bumpers, design wise, look wrong to me on a tail end that's straight across and they hang so low it gives the appearance the brackets are bent down.  It looked wrong enough to me, I gave my rear bumper away. I'll build one I like.

• Like 1

Those curved rear bumpers, design wise, look wrong to me on a tail end that's straight across and they hang so low it gives the appearance the brackets are bent down.  It looked wrong enough to me, I gave my rear bumper away. I'll build one I like.

The original mopar ones aren't curved.

IMAG0321.jpg

The original factory bumper that came on my B3B was curved slightly, nowhere near as dramatically as the one in post #3, but still curved some, and to me, still looked wrong. It's got a good home where it is now.

• 1 month later...