Outer rockers

james curl

I recently ordered a set of outer rockers from "Classic to Current Fabrication" and am very pleased with the quality and service.  They have a slight curve built into them like the originals do.  They were dilevered in less than ten days.  So if any of you need outer rockers for 42 through 48 2 and 4 door Plymouths give them a look.  The cost was $27.99 per side plus shipping.

Interesting. I bought rockers for my 55 Savoy from them and the metal was so thin I made a lovely indentation when I poked it with my finger. I called to complain that the web site said I was getting 18 gouge steel. I was told the site was wrong and would be corrected. Never was. I am glad someone had a good experience with them.

jrhoads, on 12 Nov 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

Well I don't know about the rockers, but their floor pans were not even close.  (Classic to Current Fabrication)

you got to keep an open mind here and understand that these panels are being hand produced off normal bending tools and not any sort of press/stamp like the originals.  Given that...and the very price of the parts they selling, you surely cannot expect exact reproductions...it is "you get what you pay for" scenario. Do not think for a minute a higher price means higher quality either, you will be in for a surprise on the other end of the spectrum.   Based on the fact that the average man does not have fabricating tools to start from scratch to make these panels but has some body and welding skill, these parts are there to jump start the project.  Personally I am tickled pink they offer the product they do for the price they do. 

The bottom line was their floor pans and toe pan were so poorly fitted, I had to send several back and just make them myself out of 18 Gau.  (I didn't make the toe pan)

However, as difficult as it was with the Ply Doctor, his stuff fit like a glove.  I mean amazingly well.

I am not the first person to comment on how poorly C2C's floor pans fit without heavy modification. Now, go get another cup of coffee you old grump. ha ha  :lol:

Edited by jrhoads

I also happen to have the Plymouth Doctor catalog and price sheets...sorry for a knockabout car not indeed for concours judging or sitting on a museum floor, I cannot justify the cost...especially for a panel that is going to be undercoated and covered with jute and carpet.....grump, NO...realistic...YES....am I complaining, I think not...AGAIN you get what you pay for...that was the very reason to address the subject as I did...most folks have the good sense to know the difference.... and if you had the skills and hand tools to make this panel at home..then pray tell me why did you opt to buy it?  With the skill you have to make your own...the cheap one would be all but great for a bit of hand finessing and install...That in itself makes no sense to me whatsoever...unless you just want instant check writing gratification. I am not arguing with you..only pointing out as a person in this hobby one really is not that blind or assuming...champagne or soda pop...either one, don't shake the bottle before opening.  Man is well pleased with what he got...he passed it along for others...why rain on his parade?

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

OK...  Love the chatter back and forth, but lets say you do want better quality panels, etc..  Is there a source or sources available??

Im not raining on his parade. I simply mentioned the floor pans (not rockers) as far as I am concerned are not up to par. Maybe the rockers are?  I dont know. I never bought the rockers.

I made the floor pans "After" I ordered C2C's and saw how much modification they would need. I figured... shoot why should I pay for these when I can make better ones myself. and I did. And I had never made a floor pan ever before.

The positive side of it all is that they do accept returns so all I was out was shipping. But no I do not agree with you that the cheap one would be all but great. Actually, they were all but great I guess, cause they sure were not great.

Hey look, simply my opinion... if it doesn't agree with yours, no sweat. However, I did pay premium dollar for the Ply Doc's floor pan and it was worth every penny. If all his stuff is as good as that (who knows) then it is probably worth the cost as I did not have to do anything but bolt it down.Now, go getcha another cup of coffee!  :D