9TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

We got the 34 Dodge tow truck running after a 10-year sleep this weekend. Cleaned the fuel system and installed an electric 6-volt fuel pump with a pressure regulator. Also, a new batt and it fired up after about 30 min. Linkage for starter was giving me fits.

post-5541-0-45770700-1460392472_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

That is too bad. Hopefully nothing serious.

Looks like you were in COE heaven. Very cool.

Jeff

let's just say I have a "challange accepted" concept for the PUMA COE project

• Like 1

I'm working on a write up...but I had to share my lucky moment.

I was on my way to help when the tow truck and the COE arrived....but right then "the crew" showed.

I had to stop and watch the parade! 

48D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoTQU5wHsIM

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 4

Looks like an awesome place for a truck show, one of these years I am going to make it. I keep thinking I want to trailer my semi out to you but then reality sets in when I do the math on all the fuel I will purchase at 9 miles a gallon pulling my big flatbed. 

How much land do you have there?

Looks like an awesome place for a truck show, one of these years I am going to make it. I keep thinking I want to trailer my semi out to you but then reality sets in when I do the math on all the fuel I will purchase at 9 miles a gallon pulling my big flatbed. 

if ggdad would get TODD done maybe you and he could take turns haulin each other, to cut down on the cost...... just think the whole way it would be Todd hauling Todd :D

• Like 2

In as much as I appreciate all the work Tim does and the awesome "Friend of the BBQ" award I got this year and can't tell him how much fun it always is before during and after the show....BUT....

Brent blew me away with a trade of parts!  I'll just leave it as he left me pretty much speachless and I I owe him a favor back!

Things like this are the reason to MEET your fellow members, get to know them and get to be friends....and Tim's BBQ is about the best place I can think of doing all that!

• Like 4

Ive had a similar thought but its just not economical. the only time i went I drove my car instead. Planning to get the truck road worthy this year so i can take it next year!

IIRC Tim, told me 700 acres total. Its just beautiful there!!!!!

I have a shifter problem and the exterior needs to be detailed so it's a bit rough yet. I drive it around town but not out of town yet. Fire has a way of hiding its results, so got to be safe. I know I must remove the bed and the doghouse and get close and personal on some items. The doghouse must be disassembled and fully cleaned and protected. Big task there.

Will haul my suburban engine to a shop tomorrow, so Phoenix has got to pay its keep!

post-34-0-22716300-1460646825_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

• 2 weeks later...

Mine has driven from beside my house into the garage and back.

I'm not judging.

Mine goes to the shop and back ...

:)

Edited by TrampSteer

• 2 weeks later...

my box finally showed up from the BBQ of all my stuff I got while in CA....

Honestly, the picture below was the biggest surpise of the week there!  Thanks again Brent!

20160429_170309_zpspftj0vfb.jpg

• Like 6

my box finally showed up from the BBQ of all my stuff I got while in CA....

Honestly, the picture below was the biggest surpise of the week there!  Thanks again Brent!

right on! you are more than welcome, glad they made it home to you safe..... can't wait to see them in on the beast :)

Edited by Brent B3B
  • Like 1