9TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ Clements, Ca.

48Dodger

9TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ
APRIL 2TH 2016

Clements, California

"THIS TIME ITS FOR REAL!!!!!" Or should I say " Had a blast last year, lets keep this thing GOING!!!" 

It's only 5 plus months away....the place where the largest number of Dodge Pilot-House Era Trucks meet in the whole WORLD !! (I think..lol). 

The people I've met over the last 8 BBQ's has made my life so much better. This time of year is so awesome because finishing an old truck actually has meaning to the crowd you'll see here! Fenders and bumpers to hang on, hoods to lift, parts to swap, and stories to tell! I look forward to it all. Last year was a special one with returning long distant travelers and new ones I hope make the trip again.

I still owe a few stories about last years event. And plan to post them, but I gotta tell you, that new woman in my life is keeping me busy! She and I will be getting married a mere 2 months after the BBQ :D      

"The car crowd is growing and more than welcome to come. I could easliy call it "The Tailgate/Trunk BBQ"!"

"I can't tell you how much I look forward to this every year, its a blast and for some, lasts a few days. Campers show up on Thursday or Friday and leave on a Sunday morning.....all enjoying late night chat sessions around the fire pit." 

"I hope new and old  members alike are inspired to make the trip and maybe even drive their trucks the distance....you know we have your back! "

"So many good stories around the fire pit the nights before and after the event. I can't tell how cool it is to have forum members stay several days and just relax....."  

"Looking forward to a great party! Now build it, and bring it!!!"

48D

"It was around 2007 when Bob Koch, Jim Shepard, and myself (Tim Estrada), went to Reg Evans' place to check out his "yard". While we were eating hotdogs, drinking cold beverages, solving international and regional issues....we thought "lets have a BBQ".

"Get the wheels on, and the tanks full....its time to finish up and git to the Q! It ain't no beauty pageant of trailer queens, its a truck show...so flex your rust as well as your shine! lol. "

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 6

Great timing. I put my annual badges up in my shop so now can send the pic and not upstage the BBQ. I'll be there hopefully with Phoenix, but no cat!post-34-0-52720400-1446146695_thumb.jpgpost-34-0-01893900-1446146805_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

I know I can do 100 miles ...

Sunday shakedown drive

Now, If I happened to be driving by Turner's for some reason I could pick up some rims and drums. Then maybe 450 miles?

Edited by TrampSteer
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Busting my butt on my bothers truck (B2B)...it should be up and running by the BBQ.

Also bringing my truck up to street legal.....I know I've been saying that for awhile, but I got a wedding to drive it to now.

So yah, its gonna happen this time. lol

48D

• Like 1

Busting my butt on my bothers truck (B2B)...it should be up and running by the BBQ.

Also bringing my truck up to street legal.....I know I've been saying that for awhile, but I got a wedding to drive it to now.

So yah, its gonna happen this time. lol

48D

believe it when you let me drive it!  :P

It is drivable.....

I just lie that its "not running" so when you come to town you don't hurt yourself trying roll with all that Horse Power....... :lol:  

48D

• Like 1

It is drivable.....

I just lie that its "not running" so when you come to town you don't hurt yourself trying roll with all that Horse Power....... :lol:  

48D

Smart man! I witnessed Mark's practice run........ scary! :D  post-6005-0-74452400-1448467513_thumb.jpg  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you local guys are getting a call soon!

I need some ideas as well as some help.......after Christmas of course. lol

Really looking forward to this next BBQ!!!! :D  ​

48D

Even though Jim is your officially designated 'huckleberry'...

...I'll be in and out of your hood in the months ahead. As long as I can give ample notice, I can come and go from the Lockeford homestead without seeming like I'm using the in-laws' house as a bus station....lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here comes the new year!!!!! Looking forward to seeing everone at the BBQ again this time.

2016 BABY!!!!!!! THIS is the year you make it! THIS is the year you drive it on the road! THIS is the year you get to show it off to guys who "get it"!!!!! THIS is the year you hang with guys who DON'T say "why a Dodge??" THIS is the year to take a breath, have a burger and enjoy your hard work!

Get building boys and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! Happy New Year and CYA in April!!!! :lol:

Tim aka 48Dodger  ​

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 2

Here comes the new year!!!!! Looking forward to seeing everone at the BBQ again this time.

! Happy New Year and CYA in April!!!! :lol:

Tim aka 48Dodger  ​

Does "C.Y.A" have to do with Mark stealing you wallet last year? :lol:

Happy New year everyone! I would like to take this opportunity to make my 1000th post (finally) in one of my favorite recurring forum topics.

Boo-yow!

Also, THIS is the year I would like to see Mark, Merle, Jeremiah, and Todd (the back to the 50's gang) caravan out to Clements from the upper mid west in their B-series Dodges!

• Like 3

Happy New year everyone! I would like to take this opportunity to make my 1000th post (finally) in one of my favorite recurring forum topics.

Boo-yow!

Also, THIS is the year I would like to see Mark, Merle, Jeremiah, and Todd (the back to the 50's gang) caravan out to Clements from the upper mid west in their B-series Dodges!

I don't have that much vacation!

Who what now?

http://p15-d24.com/topic/37354-8th-annual-clements-tailgate-bbq/page-30

Post 295

Edited by Brent B3B