help with my 52 fargo pickup

wmw453

my 52 fargo has a very seized flat head that I have removed and have a 75 slant six with an torqueflite 904 waiting to go into it. I am wondering if anyone on here has done a slant six  swap into one of these trucks that has any advice for me.

are there any newer cars that would have a k member that would go into my truck with relative ease?

my 52 fargo has a very seized flat head that I have removed and have a 75 slant six with an torqueflite 904 waiting to go into it. I am wondering if anyone on here has done a slant six  swap into one of these trucks that has any advice for me.

are there any newer cars that would have a k member that would go into my truck with relative ease?

There is a 251 and truck trans in Manitoba, can send you details if interested. I also knew of a rebuilt engine and truck trans too, near Stonewall Manitoba...

thanks for the help guys I think ill try to track down a volare and use it as a donor.

Fargos go far how far north are you in Manitoba? I lived pretty far north in Saskatchewan the last 2 years before moving back down to the Saskatoon area. I was north of laronge in the bushes

thanks for the help guys I think ill try to track down a volare and use it as a donor.

Fargos go far how far north are you in Manitoba? I lived pretty far north in Saskatchewan the last 2 years before moving back down to the Saskatoon area. I was north of laronge in the bushes

No I am in the South in the Capital region 18 miles north of Winnipeg.

I've always thought the slant six would be a perfect fit (plus it's MOPAR). As I'm sure you know, there's a lot of speed equipment for these also. Maybe Tim will chime in of the K-member issue. He's done a couple of these and is pretty well-versed on the intricacies. I think he even has the templates for where to cut the frame... 

I've always thought the slant six would be a perfect fit (plus it's MOPAR). As I'm sure you know, there's a lot of speed equipment for these also. Maybe Tim will chime in of the K-member issue. He's done a couple of these and is pretty well-versed on the intricacies. I think he even has the templates for where to cut the frame... 

I also think they are great engines. I know if I am swapping, would go the 318/360 route.

Chiming in from Victoria, I have contemplated a /6 swap for my 1941 Fargo, any information on engine length, hate to cut out the fire wall to fit it in.

Bob