47 TOWN AND COUNTRY Woody

MATT47025

Hello All

I thought I would share this with you. This past Saturday we went to an estate auction. The only reason I drove 3 hours to get there was to bid on this 1947 Chrysler town and Country. All original not running. The only thing I noticed missing was the trunk latch and air cleaner. Floors were solid with paint still on them under the original carpet. Color was light green with a dark green two tone interior.

I wasn't really looking for one of these but what a time capsule! No I was not the winning bidder. It sold for 11,000. 

One question, The head had "Spitfire" cast on the top. I've seen this somewhere before. What cars received this motor and what was the difference over the standard flat six?

post-6719-0-14742800-1444778046_thumb.jpg

post-6719-0-58766900-1444778048_thumb.jpg

Only about 100 1946-48 four door T&C's had an eight cylinder engine in them. I think maybe one or two exist today. One was made out of a six cylinder car.

All the 1946-8 T&C convertibles had the eight as did all the 1949 converts and all 1950 T&C hardtops which were the lowest production and end of the wood bodied chryslers.

That sedan looks pretty rough but another $100,000- $150,000 plus dollars and it will look like new again.

Only about 100 1946-48 four door T&C's had an eight cylinder engine in them. I think maybe one or two exist today. One was made out of a six cylinder car.

All the 1946-8 T&C convertibles had the eight as did all the 1949 converts and all 1950 T&C hardtops which were the lowest production and end of the wood bodied chryslers.

That sedan looks pretty rough but another $100,000- $150,000 plus dollars and it will look like new again.

that is a lot of money just to create a RV for Termites......

Maybe the city or county should buy it and restore it.

With cost over runs ....$650,000... 10 years later.

Thats an every day occurance here in the Seattle area.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
  • Like 1