Removal of Front Door Latch P15 4 Door

tollertdi

Anyone know how to remove the Door Latch on a 1948 P15 4 door? 

I've got everything out - window and mechanism, door handle, lock cylinder.  I've removed all the screws from the latch.  When I pull the latch back to take it out it interferes with the lower window mechanism guide channel, which seems to be riveted to the door.

No it's not the window guide.  It's about a 4 inch channel that the window mechanism goes into and it's riveted to the door.  It's located directly behind the latch and interferes when trying to remove the latch. 

Great picture of the latch that I'm trying to take out. But I'm trying to take out the latch on the front door not the rear door. Like I said before, I've removed everything inside the door that was screwed down except for the latch that I'm trying to remove. The only hardware that's left is riveted to the door and is the forward window channel guide (vertical) and the mechanism guide channel (horizontal) located directly in front of the latch. The mechanism guide channel is about 4-5 inches in length and interferes with removing the latch.

We'll I did get it out.  I put a screw drive in behind the latch plate and kind of boosted it up over the mechanism channel guide.  You kind of have to jiggle it around and it final finds the right spot to come out.  You don't have to apply any force to the latch plate, when it finds the right position it just comes out.