Heater Choices for a P15

46Ply

In the Options section under References, there are several choices for heaters:

One of them is listed as "Heater, Twin All Weather Model"  at a cost of $88.95, which appears to be the highest priced.   Can someone tell me what this heater looks like?

(The others listed are the DeLuxe Model 36 and the Super DeLuxe model 46, and Comfort Masters 53 and 54 for LH and RH.)

And, I also see this heater in some cars, picture below.  What model is this one?

post-7835-0-92148800-1444672929_thumb.jpg

I believe the twin is one heater on both sides. I've seen some under the seat and some on the firewall.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/41-42-46-47-48-DODGE-PLYMOUTH-CHRYSLER-MOPAR-DUAL-PAIR-HEATER-HEAT-CORE-MOTOR-/131304680634?hash=item1e925e6cba:m:mGB7JZQ99Sp04ATJTidc4Vw&vxp=mtr

Edited by casper50

Thanks Casper, I saw that ad.  

Looks like the "Heater, Twin All Weather Model"  at a cost of $88.95" might be the same thing as: 

"Comfort Masters 53 and 54 for LH and RH"  ?

• 3 years later...

the heater in my 48 has an air intake on the firewall. It has a flap in the duct. I haven't seen another one like it.  Been trying to find out what connects to it.  It has had in the past a dryer vent hose. I think there is supposed to be some kind of duct work going to the radiator wall.

20190225_150750.jpg

Edited by jgreg53

13 hours ago, jgreg53 said:

the heater in my 48 has an air intake on the firewall. It has a flap in the duct. I haven't seen another one like it.  Been trying to find out what connects to it.  It has had in the past a dryer vent hose. I think there is supposed to be some kind of duct work going to the radiator wall.

20190225_150750.jpg

That looks like a 48-53 truck heater. And yes it had a flexible duct that went to another piece on the core support

Why do you think this car would have that?  By the way the heater works great.  Every pic I see for a p15 shows that spot on the firewall blocked off with a piece that could be punched out.  This was attached to it.

20190306_094101_(2).jpg

My heater (P15) is also just the recirculating type.  Fresh air to the heater would help with avoiding carbon monoxide from building up inside the car after it started to develop leaks in floor & firewall (and exhaust system).  I remember when they used to say not to let children sleep on the floorboards in the back seat, because they could suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning from exhaust fumes getting into the car.  It must have been a top of the line option back then.

4 hours ago, jgreg53 said:

Why do you think this car would have that?  By the way the heater works great.  Every pic I see for a p15 shows that spot on the firewall blocked off with a piece that could be punched out.  This was attached to it.

20190306_094101_(2).jpg

I suppose that's what was available to the owner at the time. As far as I know the only fresh air heater option designed for p15s used air from the cowl vent ducted to 1 or 2 heater cores. 

17 hours ago, Young Ed said:

I suppose that's what was available to the owner at the time. As far as I know the only fresh air heater option designed for p15s used air from the cowl vent ducted to 1 or 2 heater cores. 

I wonder if the cowl on the P15 was the same as on the D24.  If so, that would explain why there was the round punch-out spot on the cowl, but no heater option offered for the Plymouth which used it.  (I just assumed that the cowl vented heater was a luxury option, but one that was seldom ordered.)

Edited by Eneto-55

12 minutes ago, Eneto-55 said:

I wonder if the cowl on the P15 was the same as on the D24.  If so, that would explain why there was the round punch-out spot on the cowl, but no heater option offered for the Plymouth which used it.  (I just assumed that the cowl vented heater was a luxury option, but one that was seldom ordered.)

I believe plymouth had its own while Dodge shared with Desoto and Chrysler. However for at least the fresh air heater box it was shared across the line.