Drivetrain switch

51Pymouth

Looking for any Ida's or experience with dropping a 360 with a 904 automatic trans. Into a 51 Plymouth Business Coupe. Has anyone done this and if so did you build your cross embers and engine mounts? Or does someone know is they are available for purchase? I'm assuming custom but checking.

Any other issues or concerns would be appreciated. Engine out of 79 Magnum.

Thanks

try Butch's cool stuff.  You need to change or accommodate the steering box or change steering also.  you might need to change oil pans, and you will need to fabricate engine mounts and cross members.  As the stock engine is mounted with Chryslers Foating power style motor mounts  Bell housing mounts to frame cross member and trans bolts to bell unsupported  except for mounting bolts.  Can be done with time skill and $$. 

• Like 1

The V8 swap has ben done.  I would like to see someone take one of the new V-6's with the 8? speed auto.  From what I've been able to find out is that the block is actually a little shorter than our flatheads and it may be easier to massage into the narrow confines because the exhaust manifold is part of the head.

383/727 in 41 Dodge

360/727 in 52 Plymouth

3.9/A518 in 51 Ply Suburban (v6) full electronics

3.7 with 5 sp NV3500 in 48 Plymouth (v6) full electronics

next is 318/904 in 48 P15 door door..

various other mods...it is what you want it to be....you only limited by your imagination/skill level

• Like 1