Windshield rubber

Mikey

I have a 1948 Dodge Town Sedan

I am trying to put in the windshield with metal trim but I cant figure it out I think I have the wrong trim.

dose someone have a pitcher of the profile.

I am also looking for sill plates the sedan is not the same size as the town sedan?

trim covers pinch weld of body..then the rubber/glass goes over this goes ..the center divider is lipped special to cover the joints top and bottom after the glass and rubber seal is in place

I own two town sedans, is you town sedan a TS Special?  What color is your steering wheel and dash knobs...what accessories are installed.  Thanks

it is what you have...the TS Special was an optioned production car.  The TS is denoted mainly by the normally (non-suicide) opening rear doors with door attached arms rest and fold down center arm rest, the special is denoted by black knobs on the dash and steering wheel/column and a number of options fromt he factory.  You should/could have standard equipment on the TS Special such as radio, clock, dual heater, electric gas cap, back up lights, parking brake light to name some. .  Surprisingly this format of the TS was also in export dress as there are listing as such in the parts book for black export knobs and only the black is listed for the TS Special  Good to see another owner of a Special, they are far and few between in sightings.  Many here have never seen a TS in person.  They are unique. 

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

Bob (dodgeb4ya) brought to my attention that the electric cap appeared on the scene in 1949...thus my Town Sedan has had to have been retrofitted....sorry for the misleading information...an assumption I made as it was so well heeled with accessories when I got the car.  The killer piece of info that lead me to this was the very black knob on the lid switch on the lower lip of the dash.  It kept with the theme of the TS Special.  Somewhere I even have a spare electric gas cap laying about.  They not that common an item.