Plymouths in Germany and Holland

Mark D

Had the good fortune to spend a couple weeks roaming the EU with family and friends last week.  I started by visiting family in Finland, then hopped a flight over to Amsterdam where I met my business partner and got to drive his 1950 plymouth from Rotterdam to Kassel Germany where we met a couple other facebook plymouth owners for beers, schnaps and some amazing German hospitality. Driving the Autobahn in a 1950 plymouth was simply too much fun.  Also managed to drive down to Belgium to visit the grave of my great uncle who died 12.24.1944 - battle of the bulge - was the first member of my family to do so. Left with a large impression on my heart.  I managed to change the views of a few folks in the EU as to what a real american is and not what is seen on TV.  I also got to see first hand the problems they are having with Syrian refugees all over the EU.  I arrived back home in the states last night to a greeting a dad could not forget quickly and hugged my wife and kids a little more deeply. 

800 kilometers at 120KMPH without an issue!

post-3941-0-42887100-1443641242_thumb.jpg

Me at the wheel

post-3941-0-21975800-1443641344_thumb.jpg

Henri-Chapelle American Cemetary - Belgium

post-3941-0-31801100-1443641370_thumb.jpg

One of the German P15's orginally from the states. Was great fun to drive and I even got to wrench on it for him!

post-3941-0-05196600-1443641401_thumb.jpg

Three musketeers, My business partner on the left, a fellow pontiac enthustiast and soon to be plymouth owner in the middle and me on the right.

post-3941-0-12731200-1443641448_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Next time Robin. Wishing it could've coincided with your tour this year, but the stars didn't align. Watching facebook and loving your adverts! Good on you sir!!!

Edited by Mark D
  • Like 2

hey Marc,

just read your story.

You have been virtually in my backyard.... Too bad we couldn't meet and join for a Plymouth reunion in Bastogne...

Last weekend I have visited the "nuts cave" I was at the exact spot where General Mc Auliffe said "NUTS" on the surrendering proposal from the Germans...

next time that you are in the neigbourhood... let me know.

grtz,

• Like 1

Six days was not enough time to visit everyone I wanted to. Gave a thought to checking in on you guys but didn't want to disappointment anyone with a tight schedule. However I have started a small venture with a partner in Holland and believe that it will bring me to Europe quite a lot in the future. If anyone is looking for oldtimers over there, tell them to look me up! Our first two cars ship to Rotterdam in October.

Skimmed right over the Amsterdam part. :cool:

It was intersting to see what all the fuss is about, didnt really impress me, we got the same recreational cannibis stuff in Massachusetts, however not so much of the live window displays...  My kids were not happy that I decided not to bring home samples of the baked goods.

Next time Robin. Wishing it could've coincided with your tour this year, but the stars didn't align. Watching facebook and loving your adverts! Good on you sir!!!

When you go Mark, try and make it THE day it doesn't rain. Lol, maybe Robin will take the top down. :^)

• Like 2

When you go Mark, try and make it THE day it doesn't rain. Lol, maybe Robin will take the top down. :^)

I think I will take my sedan over and arrange a trade, he doesnt need a convertible over there anyway... :)

• Like 2

• 6 months later...