413 in a 47 Plymouth

1947plymouthrodder

Hello,

Been awhile since I posted. Starting to get back into my 47 plymouth project and had a couple questions.

Doing the cavalier R/P install, what oil pans have people used to ensure clearance for a BB mopar (413)?

I have a front and center sump available, but both look like they won't work with the R/P.

For the rear, I am looking to get rid of the leaf springs and install a 4 link with either coilovers or airride. What kits are people using? The rear end is a 323 sure grip out of a 69 road runner. 

Any info or experience people have would be fantastic.

Thank you in advance.

On a Mopar 318 engine conversion for my 47 Plymouth I used a rear sump oil pan from a truck or van to clear the Cavilier r/p. Be sure to get the correct dip stick to go with it. I am using leaf springs on the rear so I do not know anything about trying to mod a four link "kit" to work in the rear.

Rear sump pans are available for the B&RB.

If you 'think' that a 4-link is superior to leafs on a street car then consider all of the R&D that MaMopar put

into leaf systems for all of the muscle cars as well as the SuperStock drag cars in the 60's and 70's.

If you want a 4-link because you think they add some 'cool' factor then go for it.

IMHO, Mopar leaf systems are the way to go for a combined package of ride quality, traction control, cost and ease of installation.

• Like 1

I had to use a rear sump truck oil pan for my big block in my 49. The pan wasn't too hard to come by but the oil pump pickup is another story. You need a specific one for the rear sump pan and it's out of production. I ended up having to make one using a Milodon pickup by shortening it and building a different mounting bracket for it.

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Rear sump pans are available for the B&RB.

If you 'think' that a 4-link is superior to leafs on a street car then consider all of the R&D that MaMopar put

into leaf systems for all of the muscle cars as well as the SuperStock drag cars in the 60's and 70's.

If you want a 4-link because you think they add some 'cool' factor then go for it.

IMHO, Mopar leaf systems are the way to go for a combined package of ride quality, traction control, cost and ease of installation.

Have to concur on the 4 link.  Talked with the builder on my 37.  He said to keep the leaf springs out back if you actually plan to put people in the vehicle and drive it a lot.  Better ride by far in his experience.