interior door handles and window crank

finmad

Guys what am I doing wrong here? They are 1/4 - 1/2 inch off the door cards. Do the springs go behind the door cards? seems odd, since it would push the cards out no longer being flush.

E1416345-1C1B-4E6C-A109-58B76A16644F_zps

Not sure exactly what you're working on, but on the PH trucks, there is a rubber grommet that goes between the handle and the door card.  On the earlier series there is a spring loaded metal grommet that fills that space Mike

Edited by MBFowler

not sure of the wording but here is a photo. Mine is crank, then a collar on a spring that pushes back to reveal the pin that holds the crank, and then there is a round cover maybe an estcuheon.

post-140-0-65917900-1441248119_thumb.jpg

Edited by bach4660

not sure of the wording but here is a photo. Mine is crank, then a collar on a spring that pushes back to reveal the pin that holds the crank, and then there is a round cover maybe an estcuheon.

It's all one assembled piece called an escutcheon. You can get new ones that are VERY close to the originals, for your Pilot House truck, from MAC's

http://www.macsautoparts.com/early_v8_ford_truck/door-handle-escutcheon-stainless-steel-spring-loaded-ford-pickup-truck.html

Original on the left, new one from MAC's on the right

IMG_0062.jpg