SHIFTER KNOB - Lets see your Shifter Knob

MATT47025

So the other day we were installing some carpet in our truck and broke the old shifter knob while trying to remove it. 

I replaced it with an old white porcelain door knob. The fit was almost perfect. A little epoxy and it was good to go.

Sorry for the poor quality pictures but my iphone doesnt do well in low light. I love the patina on this old knob.

I'm sure i'm not the first to think of this but thought I would share.

Reply with a pic of your shifter knob I would like to see.   :)  

post-6719-0-48197300-1440857009_thumb.jpg

post-6719-0-06869700-1440857010_thumb.jpg

post-6719-0-85857600-1440857010_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Another couple shift knobs....

post-302-0-51611300-1440979605_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

in reality that picture was taken right after Don saw the movie, World Fastest Indian and he was doing his best to come up with a side shifter for ole blue...

(and no I did not bother to see the movie and probably never will...may or may not apply...just making a funny..)

• Like 1

it is very possible that one day I will see the movie..or at minimum start the view...not to say it would not be of interest to me...but I would not rule out the fact it could peak my  curiosity a bit to at least glance at it and decide the merits at that time...as of now..nothing comes to mind that would have me think it would be a good watch...

The aforementioned movie is one of my favorites worth watching more than once. In 1969 when I hauled my new BSA 3 banger to race at Bonneville one of the highlights of the trip was to meet Burt Monro. I have shaken his hand and touched his Indian. I highly recommend the movie. Anthony Hopkins plays the role of Burt and has it down pat.

12-18-057.jpg

• Like 1