Roberts compared to Steele windshield rubber

Bobacuda

I don't have an example of Clisters, but unless you want your pinch welds to show, spend the extra money and buy your windshield rubber from Steele.  The Roberts photo is on the left, Steele on the right.  Hope to work with Brent B3B to get a comparison to Clisters.

post-2050-0-17288000-1440792386.jpg

post-2050-0-19145300-1440792498_thumb.jpg

I'm game, what did you or are you going to use for urethane? I just used the 3m windo-weld. ($25.00 a tube) I couldn't find the u-418 locally and after shipping would have been the same.

Now, how long will this stuff take to wear off my hands!? LOL :^)

I just got a tube of black Urethane caulk from my local Ace Hardware. It wasn't windshield specific. I cleaned between the rubber and the body and squeezed some in under the rubber lip. I kept some plastic scrapers, rags and lacquer thinner handy to clean up the mess while it was still fresh. I also had to get some between the rubber and the glass to stop all of the leaks. My windshield has been leak free ever since.

Merle

When I did a "search" on urethane it looked like the u-418 was recommended. I'll give Ace a try on this next one. Thanks Merle!

Now of you would just read my mind you could save me a lot of time and money...... :^)