Help on a 1947 plymouth 2 door

bigracindaddy
Go to solution Solved by Frank Elder,

3 on the tree is the transmission not the power transfer system.  Dodge of that era were typically all equipt with chrylsers fluid drive unit.  This resided between the engine and transmission.  there is a non mechanical intermediary between the crankshaft and the clutch.  Lots of misunderstanding here.  Put our car in gear on a flat surface and see if you can push it forward or back without any engine compression braking.  

Car was in need of florrs trunk pan and front fenders door bottoms So I,v doon allot of fab work. I just try to save these old cars even if it means turning it into a ratrod. Flat head runs like New. Would love to find a duel carb intake.

post-8403-0-99242500-1440510597_thumb.jpg

post-8403-0-39400900-1440510605_thumb.jpg

post-8403-0-06007800-1440510616_thumb.jpg

post-8403-0-92142700-1440510621_thumb.jpg

post-8403-0-55021600-1440510629_thumb.jpg

post-8403-0-08783800-1440510635_thumb.jpg

post-8403-0-45301200-1440510643_thumb.jpg

So your car is a club coupe, but you picked the 2 door sedan as your best answer.....because your car is flat black with red rims?

No I just liked it.Cool hotrod. As you can tell I am a machinist , And Engine Builder. Not a computer Guy. Don,t spend Much time on the Net. While it can be very helpfull I,d rather be in the shop . thank ,s to every one for your Help. I have owned a 1969 Dodge superbee and Dodge trucks But this is my first Old school Dodge.

• Like 1

In my opinion the 2 door sedans are truly a sharper body style over  the club coupe...

but red rims and ratrod black....so over done by everyone...only thing that combination does is display lack of imagination..that poor cars looks like it needs a friend....

I,v owned over 200 Cars in my Day from 67 68 Cameros to 1970 Cyclone Eliminaters Even a 429 Boss. Some cool 55 chevys Cool Dodges and a few pickups and Ratrods. That is what is so wonerfull about the Car world. Everyone likes something Diferent. Personally If I was going To Keep this Car I would put a 1970 440 in it, I just happen to have one.. I just Love cars.

• Like 1

so you not going to keep it per your last post...why bother...guess I never considered flipping as part of a car hobby but more a as a money scheme..something for everyone...

When you rescue a old rust bucket and safe it from the scraper it,s a labor of love, You will never Get paid for the Hundreds of hours you have invested. But you saved a Car for someone to injoy. I make My Money building racibg Engines. This is a Hobby, One I love.

• Like 1

not knocking the how and why...just mentioned I never consider the aspect of flipping as part of the hobby...and I guess I have been guilty of the same thing, keeping a car from being destroyed but not on a grand scale I assure you....I have a number of cars here that were bought purely for investment reasons...they beat banks hands over fist if you buy the right unit for the right step in price.....I have owned a number of cars in my past and currently at approx. 40 on the property now....so far I have not lost a cent in the older vehicles..and I have sent my share to the scrapper after removing pieces...and I have no remorse in that action either...