Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

I see that someone has learned a hard lesson and put something in the bottom to sit on.  Galvanized steel gets really hot in the summer sun.  Although the water under it might lessen the effect.

Edited by casper50

These long station wagons were the product of custom coach builders, the guys that built ambulances, hearses, and "livery" cars. .  Google "professional cars".   I think the company that did Packards (Hennings, or something like that?) (Edit: Henney; thanks, PA ) tried to market the long station wagon for general usage. 

Edited by DonaldSmith

PA, be sure to put a rack on top so we will know where to throw the flowers. Question, is a special license required to drive it?

you want a flower car....buy a flower car...you do not gaudy up a hearse with flowers hanging here or there...wait a minute...I may be out of order here, have never been to backwoods Nebraska

pflaming, on 22 Nov 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:pflaming, on 22 Nov 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Nor London, England!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

looks like a tacky parade...all you need in that photo is a marching band and scantly clad majorettes ......real class act

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

PA, be sure to put a rack on top so we will know where to throw the flowers. Question, is a special license required to drive it?

I suspect you need a license to haul not to drive.

Researching Monument Valley UT, for a probable road trip next summer, I found these two pictures. The truck is loaded with camping gear, crazy but I bet the kids still remember, then from the "we can make it work", to the easier way of traveling. Many John Wayne and other western movies were filmed in this area.

• Like 1