Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

Here are some turkeys in my yard. It's from mating season a couple of years ago. I took these from my living room window.

Turkeys_2.JPG

Turkeys_1.JPG

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, linus6948 said:

image.png.7585d52f4ba8beae16d779162cfbc3c4.png

I suppose a photo of an auto club service truck bringing gasoline to a motorist back in the early 1900s would have made the meme "the future is stupid" for someone used to simply having their horse graze on the side of the road where ever they stopped.

My plug-in hybrid gets about 4.6 miles/kWh in EV mode. Charging it at home during "super off peak" hours costs me $0.09/kWh so my EV mile driving costs about $0.02/mi. Local regular gas currently costs about $3.70/gal so I'd have to have a car that gets about 185 MPG to be as economical. Your numbers may be different (different miles/kWh, electrical cost and gasoline cost) but generally the out of pocket costs for an EV are quite a bit less than for a gas powered car. Only two issues are: 1) Higher cost of acquisition which is coming down pretty rapidly. And 2) limited range and/or slow charging which is also improving rapidly. If you are a "two car" family where one car is used for local trips then the second point is not very worrying for your "city car". Since I have a plug-in hybrid the limited range and/or slow charging is irrelevant too.

A "car person" who is fixated on feel, sounds, and smells of a gas engine may not find an EV to their liking. But if you simply want something to economically get you to work, to the store, get kids to school, etc. an EV can be attractive even today. And it will be more so as more manufacturers get into the market and the technology matures.

And yeah, if you accidentally run out of juice it would be nice to be able to call the auto club to get a quick minimal charge to get you either home or to a charging station.