Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

• 3 weeks later...

Back in HighSchool I worked part time at a car wash. My job was to towel dry the cars at the end of the wash tunnel. A nice Corvette came through and the owner jumped in and attempted to start the engine. It did not start and I heard a pop under the hood. We pushed the car outside to keep the line moving and I noticed a big bubble forming on the hood. Raised the hood and the carburetor was on fire. The owner had removed the air cleaner for some reason.  

1 hour ago, MackTheFinger said:

It sure has me looking at my '40 Plymouth in a different light. Did anyone notice the businesses in the background? There has to be a massage parlor somewhere nearby, or maybe a stockbroker's office ?

I was thinking more in line of a divorce lawyers office...….

• Like 1

C'mon, you know what's wrong with them, they're idiots. ?

I gotta modify this post somewhat. Most of the bikers I've always associated with are tattooed. I never liked the idea of the expense or the pain so I never got any. My wife got one back in the late '70's or early '80's. Some guy in Philadelphia put it on her but I can't remember who. He was well-known in that world at that time and put lots of ink on the club guys. Now there are ink slingers everywhere. It doesn't even mean anything anymore. Maybe it never really did.

Edited by MackTheFinger
content

In the military it almost seemed like a right of passage which may be more on target with the motorcycle folks.   Many of my comrades got tattoos but I decided I did now want one then, definitely not one now.   But you are right, the number of tattoo parlors today is astronomical.  I have no clue at the price of a tat...some folks got enough ink they probably could have paid off the mortgage...which is the better investment.

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

saw a if I can use the term female at a local store yesterday.....wearing coochie cutters I guess in a fashion just to show off the stink ink.....what is it with these folks?

Pardon my ignorance but I have no clue what a coochie cutter is. 

Driving through Louisville Kentucky I spotted a billboard advertising tattoos while you wait. This guy must be a real entrepreneur. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to drop off a arm or another body part for a tat then having to return to pick it up the next day when it is done.