Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

I get emails from friends of mine...Don is my favorite.

My "jokes from Don" file is huge, and I save everyone of them......

On a bad day, I open that folder and make my day just a little bit better.

Thanks DC

48D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

image.png.d280fea2b5b687c47bb49b6c558c9497.png

I don't know the origin of this picture but it's really cool.

i wonder how they kept it cool.

Not to mention how they stopped it.

32 minutes ago, busycoupe said:

A lot of the early small outboards were air cooled. You can see some cooling fins just under the head housing.  .. i don't know how they would stop it though.

Thanks. My first experience with outboards was  a 3.5 HP Evinrude from the late 50's or early 60's,and even it was water-cooled.

My best GUESS on the brakes is that with such a small pulley on such a small motor and what looks like it might be a large pulley on the axle,it didn't go that fast,anyhow. Leave the belt really loose,and it wouldn't be hard to stop.

Still,with a little kid in it driving around on sidewalks on city streets,it looks like the builder would have put a handbrake of some sort on it,doesn't it?

Then again,maybe it was an expensive step-son? <G>

5 hours ago, RNR1957NYer said:

"Best Dad Ever" c1940 is today's unfit parent.....

Well,to be fair there was a LOT less traffic running around those days,even in the cities,and a LOT fewer drivers with attitudes looking for someone to run over. Back then if you ran over a child,you WOULD be going to jail unless there was absolute proof there was nothing you could have done to prevent it. These days people are running over other people on purpose and not going to prison because they were having a bad day and they got a shrink to testify it wasn't their fault due to emotional stress.

21 minutes ago, pflaming said:

Now that is. . . . Out of the blue! 

IMG_5797.JPG

I like it.  Surprised more people haven't converted them into motor homes in this day of high fuel prices. Aerodynamic for both increased fuel efficiency and less wind noise. Plus it will blow around a lot less out on the road.

3 minutes ago, Todd B said:

I could see a cool place set for my Grand kids on my land out of an old plane. 

I'm guessing some industrial equipment like a road grader.