Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

On 12/15/2018 at 5:15 PM, knuckleharley said:

LOL! The funniest part is it may be a direct quote. That woman is D..U..M dumb.

Whenever I listen to her talk I am reminded of an old Andy Griffin show where Aunt Bea is running for town council and her answer to any question asked of her about it is"Whatever the people want"  Just listen to her and see if you don't agree.

We all should have one of these....

1935 Vacuum Cleaner Accessory.PNG

• Like 2

that it is....ever notice how something can be "in your face" and there is not a thing you can do to get rid of it....!!!!!!  with the top chop and the channel....I can imagine the driver of that thing with the steering wheel in his chest and his shoulders hunched as he lowers his neck into his chest just to see out the windshield....I have watch these guy drive buy at the swaps meets going to and from their spaces....most uncomfortable looking folks ever.....hell of a sacrifice for a look.....I cannot see how one could drive these but a few minutes max....but then that is just my observation....

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, FlashBuddy said:

I don't think they are for driving. They are for admiring, if one is so inclined.

I agree..it is often a passing fad, a look that is popular for the time.....does not  have to be comfortable...what the heck was I thinking one would want to drive such a vehicle daily or long commute........lol     As for me, not practical nor is it what I call a wise investment of time and money should you wish to move the vehicle to another owner....while we all love all cars...you got to admit...we do not LOVE ALL OLD CARS equally....

4 hours ago, casper50 said:

Snagged off of the internet.

50247528_1147726072068872_6758717848752750592_n.jpg

Those things used to be semi-popular at one time in the mid 50's to mid-60's. Never saw one being driven anywhere but in a parade,and am fairly sure it would illegal to drive on the road due to the confusion and panic that would result

Judging from the wheels/hubcaps,that is a more modern version than 50's or 60's,though.

Is a political statement??

Anyone?

DJ

I guess my attempt to respond to a picture post somehow ended up on the wrong place!?

DJ

• Confused 1

I've seen Don's deleted punch line in another setting that did not have a politlcal image attached. Something like: 

"Nothing's made in America any more.  I bought a new TV, and it said, 'Built in Antenna'.  I don't even know where Antenna is." 

Such humor should be preserved.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, DonaldSmith said:

The briefly posted "American Gothic" painting had too close a resemblance to persons living.  It seems this thread is skirting the limits, keeping the moderators on their toes. 

I have seen no proof that either were anything other than programmed robots.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, DonaldSmith said:

I've seen Don's deleted punch line in another setting that did not have a politlcal image attached. Something like: 

"Nothing's made in America any more.  I bought a new TV, and it said, 'Built in Antenna'.  I don't even know where Antenna is." 

Such humor should be preserved.  

I am glad I screenshot the original joke.  We have tons of laughs with it in my circle of friends.