Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

57 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

someone has a sense of humor......

General Flea.jpg

I think if I lived in a big city again and did most of my driving on city streets,that I would have one of those things as a daily driver.

• Thanks 1

I would Not drive one of those things 6 blocks to my local grocery store!!!!  ?

DJ

20 minutes ago, DJ194950 said:

I would Not drive one of those things 6 blocks to my local grocery store!!!!  ?

DJ

Why? I used to drive a Honda S600 coupe sports car on Okinawa. Bought it new. Had a 600 CC 4 carb dual overhead cam 4 cylinder Honda motorcycle engine in it,and chain drive. Rev it up and drop the clutch,and the rear end would raise up in the air. It would turn up 10 grand in RPM,and was a real hoot to drive.

First new car I ever bought. IIRC,I paid around 1600 bucks for it new in 1966.

Honda S600.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

In reality I know what you are saying....in retrospect it is a far cry advanced over the micro cars of the past...my post was for the humorous name...."The General Flea"  what does it have in common with Citroën

I suspect it was a pun on the General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard.

I do see the humor of the name I can appreciate the owner at least knows what the car he owns looks like to many!  ?

I once worked for a small company (owners were wife and husband) trying to cut costs as much as possible and bought one of these and drove it to work every- -only real problems I had was they lived about 30 miles away up mostly 2 lane curvy steep mountain roads to get here and back- -  never !!!!!

Worried for them and my job!

DJ

6 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Why? I used to drive a Honda S600 coupe sports car on Okinawa. Bought it new. Had a 600 CC 4 carb dual overhead cam 4 cylinder Honda motorcycle engine in it,and chain drive. Rev it up and drop the clutch,and the rear end would raise up in the air. It would turn up 10 grand in RPM,and was a real hoot to drive.

Honda S600.jpg

yes....but everyone else ALSO drove a small car.....

if interested, I could connect you to another one so to relive your foolish youth....

5 minutes ago, knuckleharley said:

Honda S600.jpg

Never been to Japan.

How did  they drive there at least back in 1966??

At least it has some front end sheet metal and I imagine the other cars on the road are all small too. Young and crazy always helps!

I wonder what that would be worth looking like that here (US) Now??

Bet you wish you had it now!!

DJ

7 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

yes....but everyone else ALSO drove a small car.....

if interested, I could connect you to another one so to relive your foolish youth....

Thanks,but I am no longer flexible enough to get in and out of something like that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, DJ194950 said:

Never been to Japan.

How did  they drive there at least back in 1966??

At least it has some front end sheet metal and I imagine the other cars on the road are all small too. Young and crazy always helps!

I wonder what that would be worth looking like that here (US) Now??

Bet you wish you had it now!!

DJ

The Japanese drive like lunatics. I also had a Triumph Bonneville motorcycle I rode on the street (had a Ducati I flat track raced and a Honda for motocross racing), and got ran into 3 times in one month once. The good news was the island speed limit was 35 MPH,and most people obeyed the speed limit. Plus,with the bikes I had enough power and agility to power my way out of most potential accidents if I saw someone coming. All 3 times that one money I got rear ended and the drivers claimed they couldn't see my brake light,so I went to a junkyard and bought one 59 Impala taillight assembly and bolted it to my sissy bar. That SOB was so big nobody could claim they didn't see it.

As for owning the sports car now,I wouldn't be able to get out of it if I somehow got in it,so why bother? Hell,I can't even ride my Harley anymore because I can't raise my leg high enough to get on it.

6 hours ago, pflaming said:

Here is a change of pace. Love the patio oner the hood. Good place to hunt armadillos from. 

IMG_5564.JPG

Everybody needs a sun deck.

I sure hope he has power steering added.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:05 AM, knuckleharley said:

….. I also had a Triumph Bonneville motorcycle I rode on the street (had a Ducati I flat track raced and a Honda for motocross racing), and got ran into 3 times in one month once. The good news was the island speed limit was 35 MPH,and most people obeyed the speed limit. Plus,with the bikes I had enough power and agility to power my way out of most potential accidents if I saw someone coming. All 3 times that one money I got rear ended and the drivers claimed they couldn't see my brake light,so I went to a junkyard and bought one 59 Impala taillight assembly and bolted it to my sissy bar. That SOB was so big nobody could claim they didn't see it....

Certainly a more reasonable idea than resorting to installing ,"ball bearing Bettie"?