Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

2 hours ago, greg g said:

Its been done a few times.

janis-joplin-with-her-1965-porsche-356c-1600-cabriolet_credit-yoham-kahana-(1).ashx?modified=20170725095030&mw=1920&hash=937D9B2A4183965D5AE4F0F077C96A0287C51C8D

Janis Joplin???

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2018 at 5:18 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

back in them days you did not need a seat belt...kids stayed put and did not jump about because of that other belt they were so familiar with......that belt needs be reinstated in our culture...⚠️

Had a guy jump out of the car once back around '71 or '72. Motoring along happily at 45-50 mph and all of a sudden this girl he was with starts screaming and I see him rolling around in the highway behind us. He was nothing but contusions, lacerations and road rash, and deserved every bit of it.

11 minutes ago, MackTheFinger said:

Had a guy jump out of the car once back around '71 or '72. Motoring along happily at 45-50 mph and all of a sudden this girl he was with starts screaming and I see him rolling around in the highway behind us. He was nothing but contusions, lacerations and road rash, and deserved every bit of it.

in cases such as this...no belt would have held this guy back.....even the Marine Corp drops you into the zone a little softer than that approach...

1 hour ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

in cases such as this...no belt would have held this guy back.....even the Marine Corp drops you into the zone a little softer than that approach...

Yeah, he was all kinds of messed up but lots of people were back then. Still are, I guess. He was a really good guitarist, lots of energy and barely restrained craziness.

I both miss and don't miss that life. It was entertaining but definitely not sustainable!  ?

sorry...while I can understand the paint given the time and lifestyle.......I could NEVER forgive those that did nor bring myself to desecrate a Porsche in said manner...maybe a V-dub or non significant vehicle.....but I have never taken drugs or ever been that close to a drunken state in my life....

I forgot all about your affection to the VW....well...I won't apologize for what I said....each has to speak what they feel...I have a number of folks who laugh when I tell them I like the Mopar "TOADS" while the A is affectionately called this, the B-body of similar design commands a lot of respect....if you ask Toad....you need to do a visual pf the rear fender compared to the rear leg position of a sitting toad.

1961_dodge_lancer_1_lgw.jpgafricancommontoad4.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

I forgot all about your affection to the VW....well...I won't apologize for what I said....each has to speak what they feel...I have a number of folks who laugh when I tell them I like the Mopar "TOADS" while the A is affectionately called this, the B-body of similar design commands a lot of respect....if you ask Toad....you need to do a visual pf the rear fender compared to the rear leg position of a sitting toad.

1961_dodge_lancer_1_lgw.jpg

I like those cars, they're begging for heavy flake and lace paint. ?

Surrealistic art isn't necessarily inspired by chemicals, or at least not the types you ingest. Did you ever see Walter Anderson's house over in Ocean Springs? We went there in the '80s. His old spiral notebooks filled with watercolor art were still there and we got to leaf through them. It is absolutely amazing!  Anderson was eccentric to be sure but I don't think he was known to use illicit drugs.

OTOH, several years later I visited an old riding buddy I'd lost touch with for a couple of decades. He wanted to show me the music room he'd put together in an old building behind his house. The walls, ceiling, and part of the floor was covered with art and poetry. I'd always known he was artistic but this was really something to see. He dismissed it as "doper crap" he'd done while under the influence. I was immediately reminded of Walter Anderson's house. Similar results, different causalities. I wish I'd taken pictures of my old friend's place. I doubt I'll ever see him or it again.

http://directionofourdreams.blogspot.com/2013/05/walter-andersons-little-room.html

edit:  I just looked it up and they've removed that room and put it in the museum. At least it saved it from Katrina.

Edited by MackTheFinger
content