Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

47 minutes ago, tom'sB2B said:

" …if Christine spent a significant amount of time at Chernobyl. "

That is my favorite quote from that site.

11 hours ago, tom'sB2B said:

These Bedford vans are pretty cool look’n vehicles

7D17848F-3A7B-4B0A-8BF5-22886F527BE7.jpeg

Bedford is nice, I posted earlier but am sure being an embedded link it was removed due to bandwidth issues...(sorry)....if interested check out you tube video, Your Wildest Dreams by Moody Blues..the band has one of these for their transportation

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

• 2 weeks later...

looked like something that broke free from a carnival ride and the amazed riders got the thrill of their life and broke the space time continuum and wound up back at their place...those input cooling cowls are probably for the temp control of the flux capacitor..this was a common type DIY picture from magazines of the 50, ie Popular Mechanics 

57 minutes ago, casper50 said:

Center headlight should be Tucker style and turn with the wheels.

EXCEPT that TUCKER did not come up with that..it was just one of many features he borrowed....he put GM to shame when it come to copying...

On 7/4/2018 at 6:10 PM, Don Coatney said:

Been there done that in my younger days. 

falkon.jpg

My uncle George was obviously the offspring of the Highland Scots. HUGE man that could palm a basketball,but if he was sitting down he just looked a little wide. He didn't really look tall until he started to stand up,and once started,it seemed like he just kept going. At least 6'8",but probably taller.

Ran away from home in 1910 when he was just 13,and got a job as a cabin boy on a 3-mastered schooner working the China Trade. Didn't come back home for 30 years,and that was when he married my aunt and started fishing and shrimping commercially near the Outer Banks of NC. The man spent his whole life picking up or moving heavy items.

I think it was around 1956 when I first became aware of how strong he was,and he was in his late 50's,then. He had a Dodge pu that was the only vehicle he ever bought new in his whole life,and when we were visiting with his family one day I watched  him pick up a straight 8 Buick engine off the ground and set it in the back of his pickup,using nothing but his own body.

Even for someone 9 years old,that was pretty damn impressive!

Fast forward to the time I was 16,and we had moved back home and we were fishing also. I went up to the "ditch" one day to bail out our longnet boat,and Uncle Jorge was up there working on his. His was powered by a straigh 6 Falcon engine. Since he had the engine housing off the boat and was tinkering with the engine,I asked him what he was doing and if I could help him.

His reply was "No. This old engine went bad on me,so I'm just taking it out so I can put another in."  He then bent over,picked the engine up,flywheel,clutch,bellhousing,and all,and threw it up on the bank that probably 3 feet higher than the floor of his boat,just like there was nothing to it. He then got out of his boat and picked up the engine and sat it in the back of his truck. He was probably in his mid-60's then.

AFAIK,he was never sick a day in his life or ever saw a doctor. He died at home of a heart attack in his 80's. He had a low-stress life. My father knew him from the time he was a boy,and he said that as far as he knew,he only saw Uncle George get mad one time,and that one time the game warden that was screwing with him had the good sense to back off. Smart man.

1 hour ago, Don Coatney said:

Under the hood or trunk in this case.

vw.jpg

That is one VERY cool and very expensive umbrella!

I'm betting it was made back in the days when you could buy a VW Bug hood for 10 bucks,though.

Ya gotta admit,the man had a creative eye.  Sadly,it would never occur to me to do something like that.