Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

Don't let your dream project sit too long.....

Dont let your restoration project sit too long.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

1937 Brauks 8 Coupe 1-Off .jpg

I love it,but for some odd reason feel a little embarrassed to admit it.

Pretty much has to be a PhotoShop build.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, knuckleharley said:

I love it,but for some odd reason feel a little embarrassed to admit it.

Pretty much has to be a PhotoShop build.

most folks like the 'dare to be different' to some degree....for certain you would probably never park beside one just like it at Walmart or Kroger's and for that reason alone would place it higher on my likeable list...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Don Coatney said:

The car is a 1937 Brauks 8 cylinder coupe. Read all about it at the link below. Terrasota.

http://theoldmotor.com/?p=152072

The surprising thing to me is that he didn't try to sell his car designs to the British,who were really into mini's,or that they didn't try to buy them.

There is no possible way for his cars to have been LESS reliable than the British cars.

Unlike many that think the English cars are very undependable, it is that they are mostly misunderstood...lol  Couple hours of yankee attention to details will get most very reliable like breaking the daisy chain for one....this car is very unique and one that I think I would go out of my way to fix as it is not your typical everyday car.   There is nothing as boring as having two or more of the same model car parked next to each other.  At a cruise in there were a few fiberglass deuce coupes parked.  Each one had the same transplant crate engine, same aftermarket seats, Ididit (idiot) steering column and trim, same same right down to the hokey billet third light in the rear glass...GIVE ME A BREAK...there is no DARE TO BE DIFFERENT there at all.  But I guess this is ok for the owners never did anything beyond writing a check for it as it was....most had no clue what components were used...or have a single clue as to what part they will need when time to service the vehicle.    I would like to know a bit more about the L8 engine....sounds very interesting...wish Chrysler had would have mass produced their latest L8 from the mid 90's 

sawzall-smiley[1].gif

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

"most folks like the 'dare to be different' to some degree....for certain you would probably never park beside one just like it at Walmart or Kroger's and for that reason alone would place it higher on my likeable list..."   

I guess that's why I drive a Wartburg.

Edited by Niel Hoback
inept typist.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2017 at 3:31 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

At a cruise in there were a few fiberglass deuce coupes parked.  Each one had the same transplant crate engine, same aftermarket seats, Ididit (idiot) steering column and trim, same same right down to the hokey billet third light in the rear glass...GIVE ME A BREAK...there is no DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

HOWEVER, keep the old patina and all hell breaks loose, except for the man on the street who grew up with an old truck and sees an authentic rebuild:  flathead six, standard transmission, cracked window, taped upholstery, and he will say, "WOW, I learned how to drive in a truck like THIS, COOL.