Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

11 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Those are WW-1 uniforms,and I am not trying to be snotty,but soldiers are not what comes to mind when people think of "UM" students. Especially during war time,when college students are exempt from the draft.

For WW1, it seems that unless you were a divinity student, you were not exempt or deferred from the draft by virtue of being a college student: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_Act_of_1917

For WW2 there were a whole lot more classifications including, it looks like, student deferments: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Training_and_Service_Act_of_1940

• Like 1

Make sure this doesn't happen in your modern car air cleaner....little bastard's!

Possum-found-hiding-in-toilet-paper-dispenser.jpg

5 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

I just copied what was posted with the picture.

I know this. My post was in no way critical of you, As a former soldier,I was just pointing out what seemed obvious to me. Chances are the photographer that originally took that photo didn't know the difference.

10 hours ago, knuckleharley said:

Chances are the photographer that originally took that photo didn't know the difference.

More than likely it was whomever posted it to a social media site 100 years after the photo was taken..but, yes, I agree with you that they appear to be in WW1 soldiers kit.

11 hours ago, Bobacuda said:

Db4ya - Not a possum, not a ringtail, not a rat...what kind of critter is in that toilet paper dispenser?

I really do not know WTH it is!...just posted it off Google for some good comments and fun!

• Like 2

looks like Officer Opie, (Alice's restaurant fame obvious by the 8 x 10 glossy photograph) has bagged three DA'ed badguys...

OR

modified version of Mumbly-peg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, busycoupe said:

When I first moved to NC I went to the local Ace Hardware and asked where the lag bolts were.  The man said aisle 6.  I went done aisle 6 and was surrounded by laht bulbs.

Not HIZ falt yew don't speak American.

1 hour ago, busycoupe said:

I got better after a couple of years ... bless your heart!

Ahhhhh,that's southern for "die screaming in unbearable pain,you(&^%&!"

• Like 1

I'd never wish that on you Knuckle.  I actually loved living in Chocowinity.  The weather was great, the people were friendly, but after five years my wife decided we needed to live near the grandchildren.  So, we moved back to the frozen north.