Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

And that ^^^^^^guy doesn't even have disc brakes!!!!!!!:eek:

• Like 1

that is kinda a cheesy shot if you really look at it in the half full/half empty frame of mind....the couple is blocking view of the hitch...so is it truly connected or some wanna be backed up close to a parked camper....photo editor did not exist back in the day so you had to use other tricks....all I got to say about this...lol

There is something like a jack behind the rear tire of the car. Maybe they jacked up the car frame to level the trailer?  ... but only if they are going to set up camp there. 

The way the car is cocked close to the trailer would be consistent with the trailer hitched to the car. 

I concur in guessing that the front of the trailer is by the car.  The large windows would be at a living area, usually at the front, and the small windows would be at the sleeping area in the back,   

The roofline (assuming that very little of it has been cropped out of frame) also gives the clue that one axle is directly below its midpoint, and if the trailer is hitched to the car, then the second axle is behind the midpoint, allowing some trailer weight to be loaded to the tongue...also, there appears to be an amber reflector or marker light on the trailer, which should be located towards the trailer tongue :cool:

Edited by JBNeal
amber marker identification

All trickery I tell ya!  :P

I first of all, think the car could pull the trailer fine. My uncle use to pull a large travel trailer with a 66 chrysler 300,

I still am not convinced on how much trailer is to the right, off of the photo. That window at the very edge, would it have 2 dark tinted windows to match the windows on the left? Could there even be another clear window on the other side to match the set of windows on the left?

There is at least some sheet metal between the right edge of that window and the corner. Or it is a corner wrap around window, that would be pretty fancy for the time but doable.

The clear light roof feature on the top, really does not need to be symmetrical. Many old trailers had them, was to one side or the other, or in the middle. No rhyme or reason.

imho, the trailer would have to end right at the edge of the photo for the clear light feature to be centered, I think there is more trailer not seen.

If you lay that old woman down on the ground, she would almost reach the rear axle, say she is 5' tall? is only about 12' to 15' trailer in the photo, could easily be a 20' trailer with all the accessories like fender skirts and tinted windows, clear lights in the roof. etc...

But then again, I have been wrong many times.   :D