Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

Ratrods or Not?

Frame swap questions?- Yes it will fit!

What to do with spares motors and some wood?

Missing seats or parts?

Time to get on the addition of that AC you have been wanting to do!

:lol: DJ

72ffee5b5db98d964e4b95714d5d1f5b.jpg

funny_0008.jpg

plasticrecaro.jpg

Ghetto-Rides-16-add-on AC.jpg

On 9.10.2016 at 4:34 PM, pflaming said:

Note the horse in the background. Is this WW I or WWII?   

IMG_5875.JPG

There should be no doubt if you know any history. WW2 for sure (have you not seen the airplanes of WW1 era? - wooden frames covered by canvas, mostly bi-planes)

The brittish Spad XIII was considered the most modern of the WW1 era, see bottom photo.

Messerschmitt BF 109 was introduced just before the war 1937 and flew until collapse of Germany.

Horses were used to pull artillery and suppliers in every ww2 war front in Europe. Poland had big cavalry which was slaughtered by german tanks & light artillery in 1939.

Also Finland relied on horses to provide supplies and support to army deep in the woods and wilderness.

Medal-of-Honor-RICKENBACKER-Edward-V.-Ca

Continuing the previous, warbird theme...

Fokker XXI fought in the Spanish civil war 1936. By 1940 it was considered out-dated. 

However, it was the back-bone of the Finnish air force in the winter war 1939-40, and we got hundreds of wins agains Russians 

fokker%20d-21_2.jpg

P.S.

I hope you know the background of the swastika in the finnish air force ensign?
It is far older to the Nazi swastika...

Originally it's the symbol of swedish noble-mans family; Count von Rosen presented the first fighter plane to Finnish Army as a gift;
It was a Thulin typ D and year was 1918. The Air Force took the swastika symbol to honor Count von Rosen and used it until 1945.

11872.jpg

1918 Thulin typ D, design licenced by Morane Saulnier

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 7:34 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

I remember well when the 61 was the cruiser of choice....however I do not recall a two door being used....I was with my dad when he was pulled by a trooper in one of these and we also were in a 61 Plymouth albeit a Belvedere..

Two door sedans were the more common police car for the longest time, simply because they were the least expensive car on the market.  They were generally the low end trim packages, too.  Departments just wanted durable inexpensive cars with big engines. 

despite the damage shown, it appears to be on parade under its own power...which leads  to part two of this observation....were all the death, injured and total account of accidents this same car....?    Inquiring minds NEED to know...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 3