Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

Plymouthy claims to spend all his time in the shop working on cars but it appears that is not always the case.

Confused, Is that what they mean by "hair of the dog....."? Or is that a cat nap?

attachicon.gifPlymouthy hard at work.jpg

still waiting to see interesting pictures.......

Now I see what your saying :lol:
  • Like 1

I am sure that there was no intended connection between eating and getting intestinal gas, in the minds of the owners.  (On this side of the pond we call the automotive fuel "gas" rather than "petrol', "essence", "benzina", etc.

But I am sure that most travelers, especially the most juvenile, would instantly see a causal relationship between the two.  "Hey dad, eat and get gas.  Get it?"

I have seen similar declarations at establishments that also purveyed fishing bait:  "EAT ... GAS ... WORMS." 

Thanks Donald,

Yes we realized from the start that the sign was not intended to be funny or obscene, but the debate was over on if a native will see the double meaning or not.

What I mean is that so common that no-one bother to chuckle on it... obviously not. Thus there is the risk for the owner to get jokes on beans every other day.

B.r.,

"a 54 y. old teenager"

Edited by Uncle-Pekka

pflaming, on 17 Jan 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

Don, where was the first pic taken? Do I see three movie theaters placed side be side?

this may not be the actual question PP asked but is the correct response...the First Photograph, or more specifically, the earliest known surviving photograph made in a camera, was taken by Joseph Nicéphore Niépce in 1826 or 1827. :lol:

• Like 1

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

Radial piston airplane engine in a car?

I would like to see how the transmission is arranged in this "vehicle"...

Based on a 1937 Hudson?

Those Edmunds&Jones headlights cost more than their weight in gold today.

Edited by Uncle-Pekka
  • Like 1

I don't know how this feller done it but if you Google 'Radial Engine Powered Goggomobile' and check out the #3 video. Shows the guy making his transmission. A simple 2 speed.

Edited by BigDaddyO
  • Like 1

Based on a 1937 Hudson?

Those Edmunds&Jones headlights cost more than their weight in gold today.

The grill shell and body are from a '37 Terraplane (by Hudson).  U.S.'s WW2 Sherman tanks were powered by radial engines.