Interesting photos I have run across.

Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

Love looking at old stuff from the old days and also the creations of great people with great minds. 

Old farm equipment I have used years ago. How many can you identify?

Rod seeders - a square bar rotated counter clock wise 4" below the surface, cut off weed rots and settled the ground for fall wheat planting, 2) grain planter, 3) tractors: AC, IH, JD, 4) ground deriven hay mower, 5) wheat binder, 6) IH or maybe a Diamond T truck. As a teenager I drove tractor and pulled each of these, dad had the AC and the IH cub. Lots of memories in North Dakota and upper Montana.

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

Looks like a sage brush seed planter, and a sage brush mower. Then there's a sage brush cultivator, sagebrush reaper, sagebrush windrow, and the sage brush combine.

;)

My farming experience is limited to a pack of carrot seeds my grandpa gave me when I was 3.

Well, that and a 1.5 hp cultivator--with which I had a small rural veggie garden, back in the Mother Earth days.

Edited by Ulu

• 4 weeks later...

the logistics behind the deliverly was a nightmare but I almost have this installed in my MG Midget...

Does the flywheel seem a trifle undersized?

Not for the Midget of course,

But for the Kawasaki oil tanker you salvaged that from.

That last one is funny because I worked in a VW shop. I remember dreaming I'd left the air deflectors off an engine I'd rebuilt, and sure enough I had.

It's tricky to get them in there tight when the engine's assembled.

Anyhow, they don't show up in that nightmare diagram either.

Evidently the cartoon insomniac had left something else off. ;)

I love the warbird sidehack photo.

Photo 4: That is certainly the cheap way to lower your car.

Can you imagine the creaking and squeaking? . .  . right before your car veered into a bridge abutment?