Can't find brake shoes for B1B

My brake shoes are glued on instead of riveted and although they have plenty of pad left they are coming off the metal. I can't find anyone locally who has them. Anyone know how to track them down. I figured as many years as they used them I could find them

You should be able to get your old shoes relined locally. Look up "brake and friction" with your ZIP code as an additional term. Likely there is an old fashioned business near your similar to the Tennessee Clutch & Supply that Don recommends. I know there are still a couple in my area as I search recently because of my parking brake issue.

• Like 1

i had the shoes on my 2 ton done locally in May this year post-6005-0-33201300-1438205322_thumb.jpg less than $20. each. just like Todd said, only here now they are called "fleet pride"  

(might be a national chain)

Spent several phone calls today of "no, you might try so and so." Finally tracked down the one guy in town who will still reline brake shoes.  He will actually rivet them on instead of gluing.  $80 for 4 brake shoes.  2-3 hours and I'll be back in business.

as Ed can confirm the local shop here in Minneapolis does a great job, if anyone needs the address I'm sure shipping them back and forth would not be an issue.  For FEF they even put on thicker pads for my worn rear drums .

as Ed can confirm the local shop here in Minneapolis does a great job, if anyone needs the address I'm sure shipping them back and forth would not be an issue.  For FEF they even put on thicker pads for my worn rear drums .

www.brakeplace.com they ship brake stuff all the time. Great shop.

Brake shop relined my shoes. As a favor (probably size they had) they put on thicker linings. My never turned drums, centered with an Ammco tool, would not go on until after making 2 trips back to the shop to have the lining thickness reduced. Shoes were fitted to the drums during the process.

Brake shop relined my shoes. As a favor (probably size they had) they put on thicker linings. My never turned drums, centered with an Ammco tool, would not go on until after making 2 trips back to the shop to have the lining thickness reduced. Shoes were fitted to the drums during the process.

Shel, and you are sure you had the eccentric brake cam adjusters in the most retracted position ?

Hope you are driving, not crawling under your truck,

Hank :)  

Shel, and you are sure you had the eccentric brake cam adjusters in the most retracted position ?

They do make thicker shoes to be used in drums that have been turned oversized. It would not surprise me if a relining shop would do that.

It would surprise me if the bubble wrap auto parts store would have anything but the standard thickness and claim that is all that was available.

Years have passed , so I can not be sure anymore, but I believe at the time, that i tried setting all for the least circumference.

Edited by shel_ny

Figured out eccentric. Wondering about the two different sized rods that go from brake shoe to wheel cylinder. Parts book has them as the same part number but I've got a short one and a long one and I didn't pay attention when I removed them. Any help?

Probably a replacement wheel cylinder with a different cup/pin combo. Mix and match to see if you can get them to be equal length coming out of the wheel cylinder.

Here's the contact information for brake lining. Art relined and riveted the brake shoes along with cleaning them up and painting them. It's getting harder and harder to find old school services like this. I've also had him rebuild a clutch plate for a IH Travelall. Good work, quick turn around.post-5493-0-54573800-1438686944_thumb.jpgpost-5493-0-54573800-1438686944_thumb.jpg