cigarette lighter

Robert Smith

Howdy, me again. I am passed the worm gear/tube problem, lucky me found a NOS one for the steering and things are fine as wine! Yet, I finally found the correct lighter knob for the car, and I'm seeing two wires which I think were intended for the wiper motor. I had put a new wiring harness in the car back in 2012 from Rhode Island wiring. The two loose cloth insulated wires are, one red and one green. I'm looking at the diagram in the shop manual for the D-14 and I see a red and green wire going to the electric wiper motor. But, the shop manual diagram mentions nothing of a cigarette lighter... Which is funny because, the D-14 HAS one! So, where's the wire for it? What color would the wire be? 

Any other '40 Dodge or Plymouth owners please help! :)

Thanks

Does anyone have a wire schematic for just the dash? I can't for the life of me find my wiring diagram that came with the wiring package. There are two wires that are long and loose, a red and a green... I think they go to the electric wiper motor. Or, do both of them hook to the back of the heating element of the cigar lighter?

Any and all info welcome.

Rob, I looked in my Oz 36-42 Manual and whilst my car is a D15D and came with a lighter there is no mention of it or its wiring in the manual and as I have completely updated and rewired the car when I put the V8 in it 40 yrs ago its wiring diagram that I made won't help......lol...........so..........I got out my 1940 USA Export Division Passenger Car Shop Manual covering all P9/P10, C25,C26,C27, SP9, SP10,S7 AND D14 and D15......the ONLY mention of a lighter is on the C26 Chrysler wiring diagram and it shows a GREEN wire from the Ammeter(same terminal as the starter wire) going to the Cigar Lighter (which earths thru its body on the dash)........as mentioned NONE of the Plymouth, Dodge or De Soto wiring diagrams mention any lighter anywhere, however I would think that the lighter power circuit would be identical throughout mopar.......hope this helps......Andy Douglas.