Interior Fabric and Temperature Cable

wolfy

All my temperature cable is broken.  It is the handle to the one that selects the summer and winter settings.  I believe it is just the handle.  Where can I get this item?  Any suggestions?  Below is a picture of the heater control.  

IMG_3717_zpsthvv9hli.jpg

Also any inputs on finding the factory interior fabric?  I am working on finding some local upholstery shops to repair this original interior.  It just needs some TLC.  The front bench will need a few of the sections of material replaced.  Looking for some material.  See the pics below.  Any thoughts on where to get it at?

IMG_3650_zpsfdz9notd.jpgIMG_3648_zpscjxglhw4.jpg

One last question.  I assume that is leather on my dash and sides.  Any input to conditioning it?  I have a few leather creams that work great on my newer cars.  I just want to protect it from cracking.

Thanks so much fella's!

Edited by wolfy

Try SMS Auto Fabrics in Oregon. They have a web site with phone number and samples of some of their materials.

Thanks.  I will add them to my list!  

Any other places out there?  Or any ideas for that Temp control cable?

Thanks

Morris Sarnoff in New Jersey used to sell the "real" genuine Chrysler  Red Highlander Plaid material. I don't know if he is even still alive.

I bought 6 yards of it back in the 70's from him @ $45.00 yard.

The original cloth is 100% wool.

Replacement material is a little different in color/pattern and weight.

Thanks!  I will put them on the list as well.  Always nice to have some options.  If I could get the original fabric I would be much happier.  Car is pretty much all original.  38k miles and I want to keep it that way!

found this posted 2 years ago.

1940-1954 RED and blue Highlander plaid, was $125 per yard, now $85 per yard while supplies last. Morris Sarnoff, 1167 E Park Ave, Vineland, NJ 08360. PH/FAX: 856-6914199.

http://www.smsautofabrics.com/featured-products/

Edited by casper50
  • Like 1

Morris Sarnoff is a 1941-1948 Chrysler Guy. He sold parts for these chryslers for many years.

He must be at least 80-90 years old by now!