Engine Decoding

Got the numbers off my engine and wondering if it's original to the truck.  I've been going on the basis that it's a 218 but don't know that for sure.  Need to make sure I'm getting correct engine parts.

Head casting number:  PT 1120803-10 

Engine casting number: TI42 II5606

Serial number (from frame) 82125959

Don't have the body tag

Thanks,

Richard

T142 is correct for a '48 or '49.

Serial Number 82125959 Year 1949 Make Dodge Model B-1-B Engine 217.76 Flathead Six Wheelbase 108 Rating 1/2 Ton Engineering Code T142 Plant Detroit, Michigan Build Number 33831 Edited by B1B Keven

For a small fee you can get the build card for your vehicle from the Chrysler historical services at:

http://www.fcanorthamerica.com/company/Heritage/Pages/Build-Records.aspx

Once you get it you can see what options were on your vehicle once it rolled off the assembly line and it includes the original serial number for the vehicle's engine.

I think more than a few of the forum members here have obtained build cards for their vehicles. 

Phil

this service has been discontinued per other website posted notice and I also posted this here before...none will be accepted till after the proposed November timeline with new schedules of fees to be noted at that time...

Your right .. I must have missed the posting.   I e-mailed them about build cards and got an automated response below:

Thank you for contacting the FCA US LLC Historical Services. I will be out of the office July 22 - July 27 and will return Tuesday, July 28, 2015.

Note: As of July 1, 2015 - November 1, 2015, the archives will be shut down to work on special projects within the Historical Services. Build record orders recieved after July 1st, will be returned at this time. Orders can be resubmitted after November 1st.

Thank you.

Danielle Szostak-Viers

Historical Services

CIMS 410-11-21

12501 Chrysler Freeway

Detroit, MI 48288

Help !

My computer crashed last week and I lost all of my bookmarks. 

Would someone post a link for the engine # decoder

and the vin # decoder.

Thanks in advance !

Help !

My computer crashed last week and I lost all of my bookmarks. 

Would someone post a link for the engine # decoder

and the vin # decoder.

Thanks in advance !

http://t137.com/registry/help/decode.php

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/otherengines/otherengines.php

Edited by Phil363
  • Like 1

http://www.t137.com/registry/help/otherengines/tengines.html

Engineering code     Displacement       Length of head      Make                Model                Year

T306                           218ci                      23 inches                Dodge Truck     B-3-B, B-4-B     1951-1953

T306*90545

Engineering code: T306

Displacement: 218ci

Length of head: 23 inches

Make: Dodge Truck

Model: B-3-B, B-4-B

Year: 1951-1953

Serial number of engine block is 90545

I do not know what the number on or what the P stands for on the head .... will see here what another forum member comes up with.

Phil

Edited by Phil363

• 3 years later...

1942 Dodge Carryall Suburban ( I am assuming Detroit built)

This is one of the few that made it to civilian use.

It has stock roll up windows in back, RH spare wheel mount and body depression behind RH door and barn doors back.

Looking for some assistance in decoding some numbers.

On this vehicle the VIN plate on the RH pillar was removed.

Also there appears to have been previous damage to LF frame and serial number on frame is not legible.

What I do have is:

Body Tag number: 4149584 ( I did attempt to decode this from ply33.com but it came back as a 1936 assuming it was a VIN)

Engine serial number:  T112915511164 C  (which I have been unable to decode)

Frame VIN / Serial number: is there any other possible place that this could be stamped on frame or body other than LF of frame and body tag.

Any intel on decoding this truck to date of build or location of additional serial number would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Edited by dodgefargoman
typo update infoi

59 minutes ago, dodgefargoman said:

1942 Dodge Carryall Suburban ( I am assuming Detroit built)

Body Tag number: 4149584 ( I did decode this from ply33.com but want to confirm)

There is no body number information on ply33.com If you enter a body number into the serial/VIN lookup it will guess that the number is a numeric serial number and give you garbage results based on that.

OK so can you provide any assistance with this or refer me to somewhere to decode the limited numbers I have and or a potential other location on the frame or body for a serial number?

• 1 year later...

Can someone assist me in decoding the engine in my 1935 Dodge Truck (model KH-32V):

engine number: T13-7512

casting date: 8-12

number on lower casting: 107

block casting (?): 882929-2

The body tag number is B-3-0-LR15988, the engineering code is T-13-E (I believe this means it's a 201 in^3), and the serial number is 8239904.

I'm trying to determine what spark plug replacements to get. The manual says S9 and there are J-8s in the truck now. I believe it's a cast iron flathead.

thank you,

-- Brian

You have 2 trucks? a 25 Dodge and a 35 Dodge truck or which is correct. Project tuck listed is 25 and your Q. is about a 35.?

I do not know anything to help with either, but others that may would need to know . ?

DJ

On the t137 engine site, a T13 is the correct engine for a KH. If you have J-8 plug’s, it crosses over to a 295 non-resistor Autolite, gapped at .028”. If you need a hotter plug, a resistor type 306 Autolite, gapped at .035”. 

On 11/15/2020 at 1:48 AM, 9 foot box said:

On the t137 engine site, a T13 is the correct engine for a KH. If you have J-8 plug’s, it crosses over to a 295 non-resistor Autolite, gapped at .028”. If you need a hotter plug, a resistor type 306 Autolite, gapped at .035”. 

Thanks. I bought Autolites but I gapped them at .025" as per the manual. Should I adjust them to .035"?

Edited by broberts