still here and still have my 53.

Well, the deal fell thru on selling my truck to a Canadian gentleman, seems the title doesn't match the vin and I cut the vin out of the Dakota frame when I shortened it. I took it to the state patrol and the only thing I can do is to finish it up, have it reinspected and get a 3 year registration... or find someone with a clapped out 53 that has a title and a tag. Either way, If I have to finish it to get a title, I may as well keep it and figure some other way to pay off my wifes medical bills. I will have to finish this slowly as health has become an issue, but as it progresses, I will keep you guys updated.

post-742-0-16799200-1437451520_thumb.jpg

Wow, what a tug o war of emotions that must have been. And a good lesson for the rest of us.

glad your back, now get that son the body man back to work. ;^)

• Like 1

That stinks.....free trade and open borders at its best! Lol. Well I hope you can use the time on the truck as a little mental therapy and a way to just get your mind in a better place when you need it! In this age it's better to beg for forgivness, then too ask for permission....I would have just called it stock 53 Lol

• Like 1

Not sure if you still want to sell, but just as information.  In the great state of Georgia, a motor vehicle of any type, that is greater than 25 years old, does not require a title.  It can be sold with just a Bill of Sale.  Does not require any sort of witness or notary either.  

This can make things complicated if the vehicle is stolen, but it sure makes it easier for someone who is restoring an old car, and has to use pieces from more than one vehicle.  

So if you still want to sell, you might consider listing it with the stipulation that it comes without a title, just a Bill of Sale.  There must be some other places where the new owner would not have a problem getting it registered.  

Or,  you could say you are selling it as a "bunch of parts".   :)

• Like 1

Kevin. Wife has finished up chemo and radiation in March, just had a full body scan a few weeks ago and has now been declared a survivor, no sign of any more cancer. Had her mammogram today, that will a breath holder till we get that answer, but should be ok. I ended up with a 2 foot long blood clot in my leg, but we got that cleared up. Sciatica is killing me, but I built Cher a vintage trailer during her therapy to give her more incentive to get well.  Seems to have worked.  Now she wants the truck done to tow it with.... LOL

post-742-0-37312400-1437531375_thumb.png

• Like 1

I love that trailer. Try stretching that leg every morning as soon as you get up. That and stretching through the day is getting my legs back . Anti cholesterol 'satins' severely weakened all my major body muscles, it's been a year but I'm starting to get my legs back. I no longer pay any attention to my cholesterol, damn the doctors, they are basically employees of the drug companies who are controlled by the government who are self serving paid for by the citizenry. This post is a medical post not a political post!!!!!