New digs

ggdad1951

:) Nice save Mark!

We had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago with our new dog Buddy. He is a bit of a gangster......3 time loser at the shelter.......plucked off death row. He is very quirky and more than just a bit cranky with everyone except my wife and I.......but he has potential. Our last dog had a similar background and she turned out wonderful. Any way he escaped by sliding a window open and tearing out the screen. My wife got home from work to find this and started searching right away. She called me but I was out offshore about 20 miles in a boat that was having fuel system problems. It took me almost 3 hours to get home and start searching.

Unfortunately there is a lot of very rugged terrain near us that is covered with almost impenetrable brush and trees. Besides my family a few friends pitched in. Due to his personality I am not certain all of the search party was as interested in finding him as I was either. We searched until about 10 pm and finally gave up. I really didn't hold much hope of seeing him again as the weather was over 100 degrees and there are tons of coyotes around us. And we had only had him a little over a month.

I was awakened about 2:30 am by my wife yelling "Buddy came back". He was at the front door crying....limping,very dirty and was acting more than just a little frightened.... but he was home. He spent the next couple of days hiding coming out only for water and to go outside for a couple of minutes. It seems he had a "scared straight" experience. God only knows where he was or what he had faced but he seems like he is home for good now. Time will tell.

Jeff.

al my toys are home....well 'cept the caboose frame, gotta get that home...maybe this weekend.

meanwhile my decorating from the weekend:

20151101_123433_zpskjf5m1os.jpg

20151101_145857_zpsbp3zqmta.jpg

20151101_145914_zpsxvylodcp.jpg

• Like 3

i don't know if i am more jealous of the space or the fact what you have hanging on your wall is in better condition than my project :D

• 1 month later...

I like creative wall treatments. Behind this wall is my shop office.[ I duplicated this pic for my office which is 12' X 8'. Perfect size for my needs, and I do like my new building. Like ggdads also.

attachment=57844:image.jpg]

• 2 weeks later...

Get a shower in there and you have a nicer place than the apartment I rented in Arkansas for 28 months!  Even without a shower, it may still be better than that old place.  We had a shower in the locker room.  I like it very much.  You are about 45 min. from me as the P15 drives.

Merle, your just being nice because its Christmas..  More like 1.5 hours..  If its not raining or rain is in the near future or if has rained in the last 2 hours because the roads may still be wet. 

Merle, your just being nice because its Christmas..  More like 1.5 hours..  If its not raining or rain is in the near future or if has rained in the last 2 hours because the roads may still be wet. 

Now I will say when I helped Mark move FEF and his parts stash from storage as soon as the last rain drop fell FEF was out of the garage.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

well got my last(?) cabinet built ansd set in place.  Made room for a display area with museum glass to protect my treasures...enjoy...

2016-09-29 19.07.00.jpg

2016-09-29 19.07.16.jpg

2016-09-29 19.07.26.jpg

2016-09-30 17.24.43.jpg

2016-09-29 19.07.08.jpg

• Like 3

man you do nice work! doesn't quite look big enough for future awards, hope you made previsions to expand :)

what is next, the door awning or the growler museum?  

• Like 1

On 10/5/2016 at 10:57 AM, Brent B3B said:

man you do nice work! doesn't quite look big enough for future awards, hope you made previsions to expand :)

what is next, the door awning or the growler museum?  

well I do like my wood working....always room for more stuff.  I think I'm pretty much out of getting any more BBQ awards unless Tim creates one just for me :P .  MoPaR's trophies are just plaques and those could always go on a wall.  FEF just is to much of a beast to drive to many more shows, so I think I'm done with hardware till TODD might collect some.  

Growler museum might have to be a new building!  I'd like to get my awnings up before winter...will see.