Thanks Plymouthy Adams

I want to thank Tim for his assistance and advise over the past few days with a prolonging issue I have had.

As some of you know, I purchased a new rebuilt carb and I reported how nice it seemed... well it was nice until I revved it up!

I have replaced everything ignition wise (which means nothing) and it was driving me mad! 

Tim insisted to keep looking at the ignition. I did and nothing made sense and I told him I was going back to the fuel system. He insisted I go back to the ignition!  So I took a real long hard look (in a dimly lit garage mind you) and I noticed something that caught my attention.

The little screw that fastens down the condenser, distributor wire etc, was stripped the other day and I barely got it out. I replaced it with another one and I noticed it was almost touching the back side of the point assembly. So when you revved it up, it was most likely bouncing on the backside and shorting out.  This was not readily noticeable. But I thought it looked questionable and I replaced it with a shorter one.
All is well!   Thank to Tim for not letting me change plans.. There are some pretty sharp guys on here and a wealth of knowledge.

Thank you Tim!

• Like 3

It's amazing sometimes how such a small thing can be a major pain.  I had a similar problem with a condenser hold down screw on a 52 Olds 2 drht.  I couldn't find it but 5 minutes after a old time mechanic looked at it, it was running fine.  Congrats on sticking with it and beating it in the end.

Jim. it was a pleasure to assist you..you went to all the trouble to correctly make checks and answered all my question as they come up and allowed us to rule a lot of things out as we progressed...only you could make the test and observations...I just tried to keep you focused on the rabbit...

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Jim. it was a pleasure to assist you..you went to all the trouble to correctly make checks and answered all my question as they come up and allowed us to rule a lot of things out as we progressed...only you could make the test and observations...I just tried to keep you focused on the rabbit...

Well who would of known Tim you are the man

• 1 year later...