Correct radiator support top panel?

Hey Fellas!

Yet another question on my quest for missing parts.  This is listed on Ebay as the upper top radiator support hood mount panel.  It does NOT look like the one shown on plate 7-2 Radiator Grill (B3 and B4 series) part # 7-16-27.  Is the plate wrong, or is the Ebay part wrong?  Seems like the top is filled in on the Ebay one, and not on the diagram.

Also, do I still need the large Baffle (7-16-69) shown on plate 7-1 for the B-1 and B-2 series grill for the 1951 style front grill panel?  It looks like it would still fit with the correct cut out support.  Otherwise I can't see how you mount the center hood.

Thanks for any insight!

Jim

post-7872-0-68634300-1436106292.jpg

my 1/2 ton trucks have the top plate, I have noticed there are two different types, one straight across like the one on e-bay (not as rusty :) )

and the ones on mine have "clipped" ends (black one) post-6005-0-62387500-1436111135_thumb.jpg

if it was me I would want that bottom piece....adds support to the front and I think it helps direct air flow through the radiator (just my opinion)

Edited by Brent B3B

OK, I guess it might have been deleted later after they changed the grill design.  Maybe they though it would need the strength of the filler plate, then eliminated it sometime in '52 or '53.  It's interesting in that is does not show up as a part in the parts diagram on the PH knowledge site.  That leads me to think it was added in later years after it was published (?).